eighteen

Jeremiah and Sarah took their positions on the volleyball court

They were facing against two unfamiliar girls. Sarah grabbed the volleyball, preparing to serve to the opposing team.

The ball was tossed between the teams, and Sarah and a red-haired girl went for it. The opposing team player caught the ball and sent it back over the net.

The red-haired girl bumped the ball to Jeremiah, who then volleyed it to Sarah. She spiked it over the net. If the red-haired girl didn't stand so far back she would have been able to receive it but instead all she can do is watch the ball fall in front of her when her dive doesn't reach it.

"Good job!" Jeremiah exclaimed.

"Let's go, Team Sarah!" Conrad cheered from the side-lines.

Fifteen minutes later, 'Team Sarah' had taken the lead on the scoreboard. Sarah and Jeremiah high-fived each other excitedly.

Team Sarah took a break on the side lines to relax and hydrate before their next round with another team. They were constantly being called up to play.

It was really hot and who knew how long they were playing. Sarah had lost count of the amount of matches they had played. All she knew was, she was sweating, she was pretty sure she was bright red, but she was didn't care. She was determined to win the trophy before going home.

Jeremiah and Sarah were now up against Team Ava. The girls Conrad had told Sarah about their lethal spike.

During the game, Jeremiah was trying his best, but he wasn't good enough to help Sarah beat the other team. He tried to spike the ball but hit the net instead which caused Sarah to become irritated.

Then when the ball came towards Jeremiah, he dove forward and watched the ball in front of him when he barely got it.

"You got to dive for those. That's why we're on sand." Sarah said frustratingly.

Jeremiah chuckled. "All right."

The referee blew the whistle and Jeremiah simply threw the ball in the air before hitting it, no jump serves from him. The girl on the other team received the ball before sending it towards Sarah.

Sarah had her arms out to bump the ball to Jeremiah as he sent it back across the court. A rally went on between them for the next minute, each of them desperate to get the point. It was only when Jeremiah dove forward, trying to hit the ball, but overshot and landed in a plank position.

"Oh, my God." Sarah muttered in disbelief, running her hands through her hair.

"Got to work on my dive, right?" Jeremiah joked.

"Just focus, okay? These guys are good." Sarah told him bluntly.

This continued to happen. Jeremiah kept missing the ball several times causing Team Ava to gain multiple points.