thirteen

All the teenagers at the Summer House decided to go down to the beach

They were all huddled together, sitting on multiple inflatables and chairs. The sounds of laughing and crashing waves filled Sarah's ears as she laid in an inflatable kiddie pool, lounging in it like she was in a hot tub, wearing shorts and a bikini top.

Everyone was laughing and telling stories as they waited for Belly to come down to the beach.

The beach was the place Sarah felt most comfortable in. It was peaceful and a place to get away from all her troubles. She could sit forever, staring into the deepest blue sea, lost in her thoughts.

Sarah looked over at her brother and noticed how happy and relaxed he was being. It made her cheerful, knowing how he felt about today being the first Fourth of July without their father. He deserved to be happy.

"May I present The Belly Special!" Belly announced as she walked down to the group, holding a margarita and a pitcher. She placed it on a small table in the middle of Nicole and Conrad.

"Ooh, very nice." Nicole commented with a smile.

"Those look awesome." Shayla added.

"Uh, we saved you the inflatable unicorn." Gigi told Belly, pointing to the half-deflated unicorn beside her.

"Well, thank you." Belly said gratefully as she walked over to the unicorn and sat down on it.

"Hey, guys!" Jeremiah called out as he walked onto the beach with Cameron. "Hey. Check out who I found. It's Cam Cameron."

"Cam!" Belly shouted with a cheerful smile taking over her face.

Cameron began walking over to Belly but stopped when Conrad held up a drink. "Oh, I'm good, man. Thank you, I don't drink."

"Yes, that's right." Conrad assured. "More for me. That's fine."

Sarah smiled as everyone else greeted Cameron, who sat down beside Belly. She looked around and realized that hanging out with Shayla, Gigi and Nicole was really nice. It was a nice change to interact with people she wouldn't usually back at home.

Sarah chuckled when she noticed Conrad downing his drink.

"It's not a race, Connie." She told him, chuckling lightly.

"Yeah, save some for the rest of us, please." Jeremiah mocked.

Belly laughed. "Okay, wait, wait, wait. But what if it was a race? I mean, isn't that... isn't... Isn't that the premise of, like, every drinking game?"

"You want to play a drinking game?" Gigi asked with a laugh.

"Why not?" Belly questioned, shrugging her shoulders. "I mean, it's the Fourth of July, right?"

"Fuck it."

"Sure!"

"Let's do it."

And that's what they did.