Chapter 3 - Goron City

It wasn't too long of a journey from the Domain to Goron City, but as they got closer, the heat began to rise. Zelda and Link were uncomfortable, but Mipha looked worse than the two Hylians. It made sense, considering Zora's don't do well in the high heat. This would create complications...

"Guys, I need to stop." Mipha said, sounding tired and out of breath. "It's too hot."

Zelda nodded, and the three of them stopped by a nearby stable. Mipha sat down and took out some water she had brought along. It seemed to help her a little bit, but it wouldn't be of any help once they got further up the volcano.

"What do we do now?" Link signed. "I have fire exilrs, but they won't really work on Mipha, and we can't leave her alone down here. And you need to be the one to greet the Champion, and I'm not letting you go up alone."

Zelda nodded and looked around. She seemed to have an idea... she spotted a Goron starting to go down the path to the city. She quickly stopped him.

"Excuse me sir, are you going to Goron City?" She asked.

He smiled. "Yes, I am! I had gone to some other regions to look for ores and trade them, but now I'm going home to visit my family."

"Could you do us a favor by any chance?"

The Gordon nodded, looking cheerful. "Of course little Hylian! What do you need?"

"My friends and I here needed to get into Goron city to meet the Champion- I'm sure you've heard a little about it- but we can't leave the Zora alone. We were hoping you could send a message to your chief or whoever is in charge to send the Champion down here."

The Goron narrowed his eyes a little, and then looked surprised. "Oh my- you're Princess Zelda! And the little Hylian knight! And the Princess of the Zoras? Wow, I'm so sorry, I didn't even recognize you..."

Zelda laughed a little and smiled. "Please, don't worry."

"Well then, of course! It'll take me a few hours to get up there, but I promise I will deliver your message Princess."

"Thank you!" Zelda called after the Goron as he started his way up Death Mountain.

"Are you sure it was a good idea to give that kind of information to a random Goron?" Link signed.

Zelda smiled. "Gorons are known for their loyalty and trustworthiness. We should be fine."

~~~~~~

A few hours later as daytime bled into evening, a large Goron rolled into the stable. Link quickly recognized this as Daruk, the chief of the Goron and one he was a little familiar with.

"Hey there little fellas!" His voice boomed happily. 

Zelda winced at his loud voice, but smiled regardless. "Hello, Daruk. Do you have your Champion with you?"

"You're looking right at him!" Daruk said proudly.

Zelda looked skeptical. "Are you sure...? That you don't want to stay in the city and lead?"

Daruk looked determined. "I'm not going to send my people into a danger that I am too scared to face myself! Besides, I have my special power to keep me safe if I ever need it. And I assure you that I've put someone more than capable in charge!"

"Alright then, I trust your word, Daruk." Zelda said, nodding.

As the three Champions and the Princess set out on the dirt worn path, Daruk flooded the group with questions.

"Where are we going next? Oh, do you know who the other Champions are? Ar-"

"We're headed to the Rito Village, and then Gerudo Town." Zelda said, quickly cutting him off. "And we'll know who the Champions are when we get there."

The group walked in silence, the Herbera Mountains tall in the distance. As they got closer, Zelda looked back at the group.

"Are you guys going to be okay with the cold weather?"

Daruk grinned proudly. "I have thick skin, I'll be fine!"

Mipha smiled. "I'm used to swimming in waters that can be ice cold, but I have a doublet if I need it."

Link also had a warm scarf wrapped around them to stay warm. Zelda on the other hand shivered a little.

"Princess, are you alright?" Mipha asked.

Zelda smiled. "I'm fine. I just forgot to pack something warm, silly me..."

Link immdietly gave her their scarf. It had a few rubies when into it, so even without warm Hylian clothes she would keep warm. Zelda looked back at them.

"Link, are you sure you won't be cold?"

Link shrugged and smiled. They were a little cold, but they could handle it...