~25~

Novella Noa Davis~

"El when you going let me get a break" my patient frown towards me

"Nick just a few more leg stretches then you can take a break but I can feel that your so close" I said, guiding his left leg to be correctly in the leg machine to slowly stretch the muscles in his leg.

See Nick is in physical therapy because about two years ago he was in a car accident with a drunk driver that resulted in him not being able to walk. He had a few surgery to help the process but now it's the hard part, he has to actually learn the basics of walking, standing, running. Now it has been challenging but I have been remaining positive and encouraging in him and I believe he is close to standing by himself without myself or help. Nick was my first patient and I have been with him for almost five weeks, I learned it's very time consuming so don't rush time.

"Alright that's good, now let's do it on the other leg then I guess you can have a break" I fake frown, switching his legs.

"Don't say it like that El, I been working hard cut me some slack." He said fake pushing my shoulder a little. Nick is a older white man, in his mid thirties. He is literally the sweetest and kindest person, it sucks he has to go through this.

"I'm just kidding,how do you feel about trying to walk by yourself again. I think you can do it" I smiled up at him, seeing his face frowning.

"I'm not sure, you said that last time I just don't want to get my hopes up" he slightly groaned, doing the leg stretches.

"First don't think negatively of yourself. The last time you tried was almost two weeks ago, a lot has changed you legs are strong not how it was before. I know you can feel the difference so giving it a try wouldn't hurt it's just showing your progress doesn't matter if your only standing for two seconds it's progress. So don't doubt yourself Nick" I said, taking his leg out the machine helping him into a wheelchair.

"Okay you can take a break, I will give you 15 minutes and that's it" I smiled, looking at him pushing him to the door so his wife can receive him.

We had our own room which had my office in the back connected to the room. To be honest I'm the only one who uses the room which was a nice size studio room, with equipment inside. I like the privacy that I had my own space and privacy with my patients.

After giving Nick to his wife I went back to the studio shutting the door when I entered. I quickly disinfected and wiped down the machine and the area we was at so it would be clean for the future.

I quickly checked the time so I can know when I should get him. It was 3:17, so I can just go it him at 3:32. I will be finish with his session at 4 so it wasn't that much longer.

I did have one more patient who session is 45 minutes it ends at 5. Usually the session are about a hour or two. But Nick has intense therapy so his sessions is about three or four hours. So far I only have three patients, but when I don't have them I help around with other people patients, or when they call out.