Chapter 18|| Special Chapter

Thank you guys for everything ")

Aryanna can't be here today because she got very bad news in the morning at like 2 AM, and she couldn't sleep at all. 😞 Very bad news 😢

So I wanted to dedicate this chapter to Aryanna because she's an awesome friend!

Aryanna, I hope you like this chapter, and I hope you guys like this chapter 😥

Laura's POV;

"Hi Laura."

I remember it like it was yesterday.

My crush.

Him.

Ross.

"I was gonna tell you something important, but I'll just go. Hope you and Ryland... Date..."

The first time I saw him....

He was in 11th grade.. He was cute and single. No girls around him, and he had no crush until she came. She stole his heart but she stomped my heart.

He fell for her mistakes. He fell for her beauty. He fell for Relany.

Why did he fall for her when she didn't feel what he did?

But now, I'm too late...

I wish I was born earlier. Why couldn't I?

Now it feels like he's drifting away, but I want him to stay!

Reality is coming, no more jokes! School year is almost over, and he's going away.

Prom is coming, for the 12th graders, it's in 2 days.

I never thought I'de say this...

But.. I give up. And I know I should've gave up a long time ago.

I don't know if it's my fault for falling for him. Or if it was my heart's fault.

But all I know is that he is taking Relany to prom....

"That girl over there, yea, she likes you..."

Why can't I be as lucky as Relany?

Or as Ross calls her.. Relly Bug...

Such a stupid name, I prefer Laur-Bear.

He gave me that name a few days ago... He told me whatever happens, he'll always remember me.

But never fall for whatever a boy tells you.

Love isn't a word.

Why should it be a word?

There's no such thing as true love.

I wanted to be a couple like Ross and Relany. But why bother on trying?

"I can't believe you let me down, Ross." I told him gently.

"Laura, you know I couldn't take a 10th grader to prom, I can't. I'm sorry." He explained, getting closer to me. But I slammed myself into the lockers.

"For months on end I've had my doubts! I've been denying every tear because of you. I wish this would be over now, but I know that I still need you here."

"Laura...."

Why couldn't I give him a chance to explain himself? I feel so stupid.

It's just a love triangle. Except he just doesn't really feel that way about me.

Call me crazy or something. I know I am but I feel like I need to be.

I don't know if I'm overreacting or if I'm doing the right thing, I don't know.

I feel like a jerk telling him all these things. But why?

Maybe I'm just not enough......

"Laura, stop! You're overreacting! And you're really getting on my nerves! I was always thinking about what my friends will think of me, of what they think of you when you're liking a lot of guys. Laura, don't you think I know when you like a guy? They tell me, my friends tell me. I act like I don't care, but Laura, oh, it hurts a lot. I thought I was the guy you liked, loved. But I guess not. You blame me for having a date to the prom when you're dating someone right now! And Laura, I know you're just dating him because you don't even know and you don't even like him, Rydel tells me. She knows everything about you, and I tell her to tell me everything. And you're blaming me for just having a girl by my side every time, when you have all guys around you. Laura, you get love notes every single week. They ask you out, and you say no. Laura, I saw you turn down that guy, he asked you out for the winter dance, and you said no. And you didn't go. Why are you blaming everything on me when I should be mad at you? Please don't put your madness on me. I just took Relany out and you get jealous! Don't you think I get jealous all the time?! Laura, I like you! But you're way to oblivious! Even Rydel knows, she never told you because I wanted to do it in a romantic way. But how is this romantic?! I got in a fight with Ryland and it wasn't because we both liked Relany. It was because we both liked you! I got jealous because he kept telling me that he truly loves you. But Laura, I wanted to be the one to tell you those words, 'I truly love you'."

I hold my cheek and crack a small smile. He kissed my cheek....

True love, huh?

That was my imagination. And my imagination it will be....

__________________________________

Uhuh... Sad chapter? Sorry, but I put all I got in me to write this chapter. And yes, I was listening to "Not The Only One" but by Sabrina Carpenter cover.

I added some of the song's lyrics, so credit to Sam Smith.

Um, I know it really was a sad chapter and kinda confusing. So to clear out stuff, the whole paragraph Ross said to Laura and the part were he kisses her cheek was Laura's imagination.

But yes, Ross is really taking Relany to prom.

And yes, Laura's dating a guy, he's new. Yes, Laura did turned down a guy for the winter dance. Yes, Laura gets love notes every week. All of this is true though. Last year, I, KitKat, got so many guys behind me, but now everybody is chasing Aryanna. Haha 😉

And the Italic words were flashbacks, by the way.

As you can see, Aryanna's not here. Please don't ask what happened to Ary, she doesn't want to talk about it 😔

Sorry again for the sad ending but the book's still not over yet!

Bye guys!