twenty

narrator

- continuation -

billie sat on the edge of the bed, holding her head in her hands with her eyes shut closed.

her back drenched in sweat along with her forehead. her cheeks reddened as tears poured from her eyes.

she silently cried, not wanting to awake the sleeping mulan; and so she stood up and walked down the hall into the bathroom.

billie turned on the sink and cupped the cold water into her hands before splashing it onto her face, letting out a tiredful sigh.

she dried her face with the towel she used earlier and walked out of the bathroom.

instead of going to bed she decided to get a glass of water to clear her thoughts of the dream she had.

a dream that occasionally swept by and taunted her mind.

and though her dream gave her minutes of memories with her daughter, the story always ended the same.

- the beginning -

september 2'nd, 2017

billie and yani sat on the comfortable couch but were rather tensed at the stares from finneas and mama joan.

" mama say somethin" yani pleaded, her voice low and shaky in nervousness.

billie stared at the positive clear blue test, her leg bouncing by second with her hands folded together, clenching in sweat.

" what is there to say yani... you is pregnant at age of 16 and billie not too far from ya" mama joan responded, disappointment laced in her tone.

" i-" yani halted herself and stood quiet.

billie glanced up at her brother who just had no emotion in face, no detection of dissapointment, sadness, anger, or happiness.

he was just pure blank.

" w-we um... well i gave yani sum choices. one was to keep the baby.. abort the baby or give it up fa adoption" billie spoke, stuttering slightly over her words.

" and we decided to keep it" yani said in a fast pace tone.

billie glanced over at yani, leaning over to her ear " it?" she questioned at the choice of word chosen to describe their baby.

yani shrugged her off and moved away from billie slightly. billie huffed low and leaned back into the couch, manspreading her legs.

" are you serious yani? what bout your future... college?" mama joan asked, obviously rattled by their decision.

" i can still do dat stuff mama. but me and billie gone keep it" yani responded.

mama joan shook her head and stood up from the couch " yani-"

mama joan couldn't even finish her sentence and just scoffed, walking away from the high tension filled living room and went upstairs.

yani broke down into tears and placed her head into her hands. billie rubbed her back in effort to comfort yani.

" i'm too young for it... how did this even happen?" yani questioned, trying to act oblivious to her rhetorical question.