twenty-four

mulan smith

"mulan?"

shortly after, the door opens and with blurry eyes i glance up at the person, my heart stopping for a good minute before i completely process the sight ahead of me.

"what happened mama?" billie asks me, her voice filled with utter worry, bending down to my level.

i breakdown into tears furthermore, not being able to respond but only hug and hold onto her for dear life. in response, billie pulls me onto her lap, sighing into my ear knowingly.

" i'm sorry baby" billie whispered into my ear, her tone filled with sympathy. after a little more of me crying , i pull away slightly from her arms, glaring at her " where the fuck you been billie!"

she gets slightly taken aback from the switch of emotion " calm down mulan" she sighs, putting her head down, in seemingly distress.

but shit she wasn't the only one in distress, had my ass searching through her house like imma motherfuckin police and shit.

then this crooked ass nigga pop up talm bout where she at and that he know what she did. i'm so fucking tired and stressed.

and now that she was here, next to me and safe like i've been praying for, i could cuss her ass out for not only leaving me with a dead body but dissapearing for gotdamn three days with no type of call, text, not shit!

tuh- she was gone get every word from the dictionary outta my mouth.

" calm down? nigga please " i scoffed, pushing her away from me, standing up outraged.

" you left me with a dead body! clueless ass fuck on why you attacked yani! had me searchin for clues like i'm fuckin super why- " before i could even finish, she interrupted me.

" damn mulan- ion wanna hear this shit" billie groaned irritated, walking past me.

my face immediately scrunches up because who the fuck was she talking too. so in response, i grabbed her arm and yanked her ass to face me, pushing at her harshly.

" what you not gone do is talk to me crazy! look at me billie! i'm a fuckin mess, crying and missing you for days! look at me! look at your house! i've been lost and hopeless. ain't nobody would tell me shit to help! you got a nigga pullin up to your fucking house not only talking shit about how he know you and yani but fucking assaulted me-"

" so let's start over. you need to exit out this house and come back in with sense. i deserve answers! and the last thing you gone do is disrespect me and disregard how i feel! i ain't see chris and em out here lookin for you! it was me b! get that shit through your fuckin head! i'm not even your girl but i'm goin all out for you! i could just be layin on my ass right now! how would you feel? because that's how i feel! since you just gone pop up all nice and healthy while my ass look like i'm missin a few days on my medication!"

and with that, i feel at ease- able to finally say everything i've been edging to say.

billie stared at me with tired eyes but i knew she was taking in what i was saying and calming herself down due to me putting my hands on her- which i will apologize for in a few, i was just lashing out even though that's not an excuse.

she licks her lips and nods her head, walking over to where i was, pulling me by my waist into a hug.

her warmth and scent bringing me into tranquility, kissing at my forehead. " i apologize for puttin my hands on you" i mumbled into her sweater, closing my eye in serenity.

in response, she shushes quietly and leaves one more peck at my forehead before pulling away slightly, raising her hands up to my cheeks, cupping them to make me look at her.