twenty - six

mulan smith

" billie o'connell you are hereby formally charged with the murder of yani jones. you will be afforded the right to legal representation during the upcoming legal proceedings. any attempts to flee or resist arrest will be met with appropiate force. the justice system will ensure a fair and impartial trial, during which the evidence against you will be examined in detail. you are reminded that you have the right to remain silent, and anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"

pardon me?

both, billie and i, eyes narrowed at one another, taken aback by the immediate intrusion the moment she swung the door open.

'what the fuck' billie mouthed, her bottom lip damn near touch her chin, her eyes widened--- the blood from her face visibly drained as they pushed her roughly against the kitchen counter, forcing her arms behind her back as they secured the cold cuffs around her wrists.

" aye- the fuck y'all doin?" i reacted instantly, adrenaline rushing through me, not taking it lightly on how rough they was handling her- the fuck.

without proper thought, i forcefully shoved the police away from her and in reaction, their partner retaliated by shoving me to the ground, eliciting rage from billie.

all hell broke down- the two officers having to call back-up as billie effortlessly slid her hands from the handcuffs as if it was nothing ( which caught them offguard-- shit me too, lowkey), and began to assault the two officers, delivering blows from every gotdamn angle and they couldn't keep up with her.

i ain't even know what to do, at that point. the fuck could i do? if i intervened surely billie would've gave me a good right hook and boom, my ass on the ground knocked the hell out.

so i just stood this one out and took it as the chance to call christopher.

almost immediately, he answered and before i could even explain what the hell was going on-- the backup officers that had been called swiftly intervened, tazing billie until she fell onto the ground.

my phone slipped from my hands like butter, my breath caught in my throat as i sprinted over to billie, a torrent of screams and curses aimed at the officers. though, i didn't even make it close to billie as one of the officers restrained me from doing so, their rough hands shoving me back onto the couch with a warnful look.

the other officers watched me with a smug look, only provoking me more, their arms crossed against their chest as billie groaned and mumbled inconherrent words, drool pouring from the corner of her lips as they tightened the cuffs around her wrist.

from where i stood, both her wrists were purple and green, indicating she had broken or sprained them when she slipped past the handcuffs prior.

but, i couldn't do shit about it.

if i even tried to retaliate any further they (the officers) would just kill me with no hesitation, observing as one of the officers had their hand on their hip where their gun rested, glaring at me with anticipation for me to cause a scene.

i had to painfully watch as they forced billie on two feet, who was discociated from reality, " don't worry baby, imma come get you" i cried out, hoping that she could hear me in her lost-trance.

in response, billie tilted her head to face me, shaking her head 'no' , uttering a broken
"finneas"

author note:

thoughts?predictions?

short but interesting

we love love cliffhangers :)

just a filler, since i haven't updated in a while
.. losing motivation to continue to write this book lowkey

please comment yall !!

and vote 100 and more for next chapter.

thank you.

i hoped y'all enjoy.

words: 640