Chapter Four

???

I'm going to be honest here, being part of a criminal gang isn't what it seems. I don't think I even signed up for a gang that partakes in dealing copious amounts of drugs and robs corner stores like the world's going to end tomorrow. All I got was a text message from S.O saying "Hey, we've been friends for a good few years now, want to be part of the gang?"

I was extremely confused, however I went along with it. It's been a year since I received that text, and I've almost gotten myself arrested for doing shit that I've never done. It's put my life at extreme risk, and I don't really think I can go on much longer.

I've been thinking hard these past couple of weeks, and after a great amount of consideration, I have finally decided to leave Suji Otoko's gang. I've decided to do this in order to protect myself, my family and more importantly; the most important person in my life, my wonderful girlfriend, Kyou Hanzai.

The two of us met at a chiptune festival when we were both 13, and we've been dating since we were 15. We are known as the official couple of Koenji High, and everyone knows about it. We don't really mind, and it definitely isn't like being famous, but it's nice to see the odd person smile at the two of us laughing on our way to classes.

While Kyou does know about my supposed 'involvement' in the gang, I actually haven't done a thing. I just lie to Suji constantly about being a drug supplier (but in reality, I just buy packets of oregano from the same stores that he has robbed in order to compensate) and spend all of my time "on the streets" buying manga and pastries from my 'cut' of his operations.

As par obvious, I have thought and almost gone ahead with calling the police on him numerous times, however I would very likely be stabbed or beaten to such a pulp that I'll never wake up, and I really want to be able to live, so as much as I hate myself for it, I've kept it quiet so I don't get murdered.

I pick up my phone, and with trembling hands, dial Suji's number extremely slowly, scared of what is to come next.

Once I've dialed his number, I press the call button and gulp. I have no clue how this phone call might pan out, and it could end with him trying to thrash the hell out of me, or it could end with me being threatened at school for weeks on end. I try to look at everything else around my apartment, hoping to distract myself from the impending doom that lay ahead of me. It doesn't last long though, as Suji picks up just after four rings.

"Hello?"

I take a deep breath, sigh and put my phone up to my left ear.

"Look Suji, I don't want to do this anymore." I say quietly, slightly lowering my phone to my cheek so I hopefully can avoid Suji even by the slightest notch.

"What do you mean?" he says angrily.

"I don't want to be part of the gang anymore." I reply.

I hear him take a deep breath, and I hear a slight banging noise coming from his phone.

" Nantekotta, watashi wa anata ga kono baka yori mo sugurete iru to omotta!" (What the fuck, I thought you were better than this you imbecile!) he screams, and he immediately hangs up.

I put my phone down, breathe quietly and hope for Kyou to come through the door in the next thirty seconds or so. Even though she's currently at her evening job, and she's only just started her shift, I somewhat hope that she gets really sick in ten minutes and then comes home.

My phone chimes, and I get numerous texts from Suji.

"You can leave, but don't say a word about me or what's been going on."

"Otherwise, you'll die."

"Understood?"

"Yes." I reply, before turning off my phone and stuffing it underneath a pillow. I make my way to the kitchen in my apartment, and dump the five bags of oregano that I had saved in case Suji said no, in the trash, before sighing. A huge weight comes off of my chest, and I do feel slightly happier, despite the negative reaction that I was given.