Chapter Eight

DANNY

It's about five right now, and I've spent the last thirty minutes deciding whether I should wear my T-shirt of Stella and Arpegius from the Crescendolls or my T-shirt of the cover art of Screamadelica by Primal Scream. I pick out the Crescendolls T-shirt and briskly put it on before shaving and putting aftershave around my neck. Tonight's going to be pretty special.

Me and Ichigo are pretty excited, and to hype ourselves up we've been having silent discos in our bedrooms secretly over the past few days. Despite the fact that it leads to the two of us romantically dancing and later kissing, it's good fun to do so and I've rediscovered my love of dancing.

I make my way downstairs and make sure that I look good enough for the night ahead. Once I've done that, I get out of my apartment quickly and drive to Ichigo's house. Tonight, the sky is flashing many colours, and I can tell that it is Ichigo excitedly getting ready for the strobes in the warehouse tonight. I smile at the thought of her dancing and within a few minutes I pull up at her house.

As if it is on cue, Ichigo walks out of her parents' house and she jumps into the car, plants a kiss on my cheek and we set off. As I drive us to the warehouse, we chat mainly about what the night might have for us in store, and from her tone, I can tell she's very excited.

This is our first party as a couple, and the two of us are glad that we are experiencing it together. We have voiced our opinions on how the party might be. As excited as we are, it could be a drug dealing haven where everyone is so drunk that they are practically blind and can't tell the difference between a circle and a square. Or, it could be a regular party with chill DJs playing house music and everyone drinking Coke and eating anpan.

As much as we hope it is a mix in between and that it is a great night, I can't help but wonder how Jack, Tsuki and Tanoshi are doing, and by now I would presume that they had gotten in to the warehouse already.

I see a large grey building, and approaching I see a sign that says "This way for Koenji HS Party!" and within minutes we are there. I park my car quickly before helping Ichigo out. Just as Ichigo gets out, I see Tsuki and Jack about to enter, and I call for them.

The four of us group up, and Jack tells us that Tanoshi has already made it into the building. He holds up his phone and shows us a video of Tanoshi running around the warehouse, numerous people surrounding him as he runs around happily.

"You ready to head in?" I say.

We all nod, and we enter the building.

JACK

The doors to the warehouse automatically open, and we are immediately greeted with the smell of hot dogs and beef, along with the comforting sounds of house music blasting in our ears. I immediately notice Tanoshi in what looks to be hundreds of people, and he runs over to us happily.

"Yo!" he screams. He each hands us a bottle of Coke, and I see Danny chug the entire bottle instantly. The four of us immediately are led to the dancefloor by Tanoshi, and all of us end up dancing for what feels like forever. We are having an absolute blast, and so far, this night has gone surprisingly well.

Amongst the sea of dancers, hundreds of multicoloured lights and strobes flash quickly, creating thousands of jaw dropping visual patterns that aren't in a usual British club. Not only that, but the sound system is extremely powerful, and I can feel every single kick or bass note vibrate from the ground before springing up into my entire body excitedly, sending jolts of high definition sound to my eardrums.

In short, I feel like I'm in an extremely top-tier club, and everything feels right. Usually, people would be necking beer and smoking all sorts of crap in a UK club, but here everything seems rather natural, and it feels good to be at a party with no drink or drugs and to still have a good time.

I hear the next track being faded in, and I immediately recognise the track - Synthetic Rebirth by Gronda Gronda and Stormlord. Many childhood memories come flooding back of listening to that song, and to hear it again feels like seeing a long lost friend for the first time in twenty years.

Danny signals that he needs to go to the toilet, and he runs off quickly, swiftly brushing past people as he heads towards the toilets. He sure can be funny sometimes.

KYOU

Goosebumps spread all over my body as I feel Suji kiss me quietly. Everything feels incredibly nice and calm, and I immediately kiss him back excitedly, giggling mischievously as we keep touching our heads together.

At this moment, no-one is in the unisex toilets, and everything feels right. As the two of us keep kissing however, someone barges into the toilets. Me and Suji immediately break away from kissing and to avoid detection, the two of us separate to either side of the cubicle so no-one can see us. Once we hear the man leave, we decide to lay low and head upstairs, where no-one but the organizers are allowed.

As the two of us stealthily make our way to the upstairs floor of the warehouse, we go over our game plan and our main objectives for this night.

"So, when are we going to expose Tanoshi?" I ask playfully.

"In about an hour." Suji says sternly.

I forgot to mention that Suji and me organized the party as a way to expose Tanoshi after he left Suji's gang, and we plan to do it by showing on a projector numerous texts related to dealing drugs and assisting in robberies at around midnight, when the party is in estimated full swing. Suji will be entirely out of the question, and his gang are ready to ambush at any point if anything goes sour between me and Tanoshi.

We've been planning this for a while completely off the grid, and even though Suji is still going to try and date Tsuki to try and sugar coat things, I know that he does truly love me, rather than her. Winning is a satisfaction that has to be earned, and for me, I have luckily earned it.

The two of us kiss for another few minutes before we place our plan directly into action. As we head downstairs, the party seems to be peaking, and I notice Tanoshi running around with rest of his 'friends'

Well that is certainly going to change.

TANOSHI

Adrenaline and happiness form simultaneously as I run around the warehouse with Jack, Danny and Tsuki. I thought this night would be half-bad (seeing as I thought I would run into Suji and his goons) but so far, things have gone brilliantly.

It's fantastic really. A month ago, I clung onto my girlfriend for social interactions, was in a gang which I secretly loathed and despised, and I did not have any true friends. Now I've left the gang, have a great group of friends and I love Kyou more than ever. In short, things are going surprisingly well for me, and I'm enjoying life a lot.

So, bring it on.