Chapter Thirty

JACK

The school festival is in two days, and nothing's got better for us. Every single time we have blocked the numbers, new ones have popped up, each sending us photos from our personal camera rolls and our chats. And, the death threats haven't exactly stopped either.

Now everyone in the gang is now receiving these texts, and it's only making us more and more worried at a time when we feel that things should be more settled by now. These past three months have felt as if we are all in a toned down version of Skins, and the drama has kept rolling.

First it was the party and Tanoshi finding out that Kyou cheated on him, then it was Suji escaping, then it was Aisuru facing off against Satsujin and his homophobic family and now a crap load of data breaching is going on for all of us, and there's no visible fix.

So, we've just got on with our lives and kept going. It's now Wednesday, and while the school is winding down, we certainly are not. First of all, Tanoshi's been up for the past few days trying to figure out what's going on along with Sora, and from what he keeps updating us on, I can't understand a thing, particularly as the majority of what he's doing involves servers, hacking and terminology which I can't grasp. All I know is that he loves old programming and music technology of all ages, so he has a knack for that sort of thing.

Second of all, Tsuki and Ichigo have since been trying to text the numbers, to Tanoshi's disapproval, which I can agree with. By texting the number, the person on the other side is able to recognize that the number is active, which in turn can lead to more and more texts.

Finally, Aisuru and Kirai have since been able to use Aisuru's knowledge on Satsujin to try and see if any of this is to do with Suji, or the rest of the gang members, but that hasn't really gone so well, seeing as they aren't that great with technology as a couple. They plan to call Tanoshi and Sora over at some point just so they can try to make some progress.

I haven't been doing much, likely because I have no clue about anything to do with computing, hacking or mobile phone technology, so I've been mainly just trying to make my way through school and coming up with ideas for this entire ordeal.

On a different note, I've been thinking a lot about Suji. Me and the gang haven't seen him in Koenji High for ages, and we are unsure why. Kirai somewhat believes that he's been done by the bill again, however half of us don't think so. Keep in mind, there is always a possibility that Suji is behind this, but it is highly unlikely.

As much as I'm thinking about him, I'm also thinking lots about Tsuki. I don't think I'll tell her how I feel just yet, as I want to spend the summer with us just as friends. Besides, if this goes wrong, it could lead to a pretty awkward fracture with me and her. The rest of the gang would probably feel it too, and it could only make things more awkward between the lot of us.

Either way, I am excited about the school festival despite all of this going on in my head and to be brutally honest, I hope that this festival is better than the one at my old school in the UK, because they were terrible (and I mean by, absolutely awful)

We'll just see how things go.

SUJI

I've been laying low after my last robbery and now I think it's a good time to come back to school. It's the last day, I can meet with my team and we can discuss future plans. Things are looking good for us and we should commemorate our successes over the past few months.

Seeing as I'm going to be coming back for the first time in a month, I'm going to say that I had a pretty bad illness for the month. The staff are so gullible they will likely believe whatever I say, as long as I'm nice enough.

I don't plan to do much there; I just want to relax and hang out with Satsujin before we raise hell on Koenji in the summer. It's been tough for us, but we've managed to dodge a lot of things; most recently a police investigation on Aisuru, which we managed to get out of due to there being no evidence (I deleted all of the texts prior about him, so nothing would ever be there) and overall, things don't seem too bad.

I hope I don't run into Jack in a few days because of it though, otherwise he's dead. I don't want to see him again, and if I run into him again I'll make sure that he isn't seen by anyone. I hate his guts, and that's final. I don't want to be arrested again, but I wouldn't mind doing some damage to someone.

I receive a call from one of Satsujin's most valuable members, and I answer the phone.

"I've been tracking them down for weeks now."

"Good." I reply.

"Do I keep going?"

"Keep finding their private chats."

"Or you won't receive your cut."

"Understood?"

"Understood."

They have no clue at what I'm doing, and that's a good thing.