The morning after the night before...

Here is a long chapter... I'm so proud. It's a little boring but it gives background to something good... :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

It was 6am. I barely slept at all last night, thinking about Rory. I was fed up of waiting to fall asleep so I pulled the bedsheets off my body and stepped into the bathroom. I climbed into the shower and cleaned myself, letting the water pressure massage my skin. The steam warmed my body, cold from the loneliness of Rory. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I couldn't help but yawn as I walked to the wardrobe and picked out another dress with a white, elasticated band across the middle. It had a low cut neckline with neon pink detailing. Just a splash of colour. I looked at myself in the mirror as I did yesterday and put on the same black pumps. I styled my hair into tight curls and put on a little make-up. I was a little rusty but I enjoyed it all the same. It was 6:45am. I creaked open the door and shut it again as quietly as I could. I walked along the corridor and stood outside Rory's room. I couldn't resist opening the door and observing him sleeping peacefully. I tiptoed closer and stood for a moment, watching his bare chest rise and fall in quick succession. I longed to touch his body but I couldn't bear disturbing him. I tiptoed back out of his room and crept down the stairs. Nobody seemed to be around so I helped myself to a bowl of cereal. I sat at the Island in the centre of the kitchen and began to eat. Just as I sat down a small girl, no older than fifteen but obviously human rushed into the room. Her gaze fell on me and her expression dropped further.

"I am so sorry my Lady, I slept in by accident," she explained sheepishly. I just shrugged.

"It's okay, I just got my own breakfast," i explained.

"I should have done that for you my Lady, I am ever so sorry. I am in so much trouble with Master Rheynold," she muttered.

"I won't tell if you don't," I stated. She looked at me in disbelief.

"Take a seat," I instructed her. She sat opposite me and looked into her lap.

"What's your name?" i asked.

"Ginny," she replied.

"Don't worry love, I won't tell. I don't normally get up this early anyway, it's not a habit," I explained. She gave out a sigh of relief.

"It's nice to do something for myself for a change," I told her. "Back on the other side, I was in hospital. I had Lukemia," I told her. She looked at me in horror.

"I am so sorry," she muttered.

"Oh, I'm better now, Rory rescued me. They thought I was mad," I explained. Ginny looked at me until realisation hit her. She seemed to flinch when I mentioned Rory.

"With all due respect My Lady, I don't think Master Rory or Master Rheynold would condone me speaking to you on a social basis. I am a maid, born to serve and only to serve", she spoke in a momotone manner.

"Nonsense," I dismissed her claim, "Is this how do they treat you?"

"Yes..." she paused. "I really shouldn't discuss this," She told me.

"I issist I know," I said sternly.

"They particularly like to humiliate us for entertainment," she mumbled.

"Well not when I'm around," I promised her reassuringly. She gave me a faint smile.

"Anyway, I love your hair," I told her.

"Thanks," she replied.

"Please, don't let this 'status' barrier stop being friends. Don't worry about the others, I'll handle it," I assured her.