Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ice skating

▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎

Sammy didn't hate the cold, in fact he liked the idea of it being winter. He liked snow and the warm feeling you get inside the house on a snow day. He also liked all the activities he could do in the snow, because back in Chicago there wasn't really much space to build snowmen. Even in his school where he did have space, he never got to play outside because he had to focus on his studies. Yet here could lay back and do what he wanted.

Or at first he could do that. Because living in a place where it was cold every second of the day and snowing ever other day was something that got old pretty quickly.

The first few weeks Sammy did focus on studying until he got a routine to study all night. Expect Butters kinda ruined that the minute he met him, so his studying plans went to after school studying. Which was also ruined, meaning he kept all his studying to in school and the first few hours after school. Even so, he didn't mind that his friends ruined it. Because they filled his days with fun activities he was never able to do. The ever so often snowball fights, snowman competitions, and making snow angles. It was all very fun.

But like said before, it got boring very quickly. What used to be fun to him was now another thing he could do whenever he wanted. He should have expected this, honestly what did he think living in the cold would be like. So you could imagine how happy he was to hear of something new he could.

A while back ago Kenny had invited the two boys to hang out with him at Starks pond. And due to certain plans that day, they had to reject his invitation. But now they were finally able to hang out with the boy, alone. Which was hard, it surprised Sammy how hard it was to hangout with Kenny alone. It also surprised him that Kenny just wanted it to be the 3 of them only. Even so he managed to do it, by a lot of question dodging and also putting his foot down a bit.

And at last there stood the three boys, in front of the beautiful iced lake. The cold air caused a cold shiver to go down his back and adjust his scarf. The trees had no leaves on but snow laid on them perfectly, while the few people walked by chatting with one another. But what caught his eyes were people that skated along the iced lake.

Many of them went alone or went in pairs, but they all seemed to be having fun. And he just hoped that Kenny brought them here to ice skate.

"I'm surprised they guys didn't try following us," Nando spoke as he looked around the park.

"I told them not to and they better listen," Kenny groaned as he also looked around. He then stopped when he was sure that the group wasn't around.

Sammy didn't seem to listen into the conversation, too busy gawking at all the fun people were having as they skated around the ice. Kenny noticed this and just smiled, he then pulled out a bag.

Inside the bag were three black ice skates that were all different sizes. Nando looked at him with a raised eyebrow, confused on how he happened to get 3 ice skates. He also wondered if they were really came here to ice skate, not that he minded it just scared him a bit.

Kenny pulled out one pair of ice skates and held them in front of Sammy's face with a small smirk, "here you'll need these,"

As the curly haired boy noticed the skates in front of him, he gasped and looked at Kenny surprised.

"Are we really? How did you get these?" He then looked at the size and realized it was his shoe size. "Did you buy these? If you did I need to pay you back and-"