Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Superheros
▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎

"This is getting out of hand," Sammy said crossing his arms and grabbing the tablet from his hands.

Nando just laid there curled in a ball as he tried to reach for the tablet "Give it back! I'm doing serious research!" He whined

"You've been doing nothing but stalking over something we don't even know is real!" Sammy yelled back annoyed "not to mention you have been avoiding your school work and been sleeping in classes more!"

"That's not true!"

"Then how come today you fell asleep during class and was waken up by Tolkien, then you fell asleep at lunch after you drank Tweek's coffee!" Sammy just gave the boy a sharp look and sighed. "Look you need to stop getting these obsessions, they really aren't good,"

"It's not an obsession just a hyper fixation! And also last time I checked you were fine with me sleeping in class," he fought back

A few foot stomps were heard from the stairs as they turned their heads to the door. They then looked at each other in fear and the door was slammed opened. There stood a very tired Jamie who looked very angry. She was wearing an oversized hoodie and shorts, her eyes seemed tired and her posture was recked. Her hair was a mess and it seemed like she had barely woken up, which was right.

"Shut the hell up! It is 3 in the damn morning and I have work in 2 hours so let me sleep!" She yelled and yawned.

Sammy immediately began to apologize and felt bad for waking her up. She seemed very tired and it was true she had to wake up early for her job now. Her shifts often changed and they would change from all day shifts to all night shifts, meaning her sleep schedule was a reck. This week was one of the early bird shifts and it was a pain in the ass.

"Sorry," Sammy said once again before turning to glare at Nando, "but blame your brother for the noise. He's been up since 9 and is still up. I tried to get him to sleep but he refuses," Sammy groaned as he went back to his bed.

It had taken him a few minutes to fall asleep but he ended up sleeping and ignored the siblings that just stared at each other.

Nando took back his tablet and continued to do what he called research. I mean it technically was research but not for any school work. It was personal and he was obsessed with finding out more. Only issue is that he struggled with reading and it took him a while to read news articles. Not to mention that he fell into a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories on who they might be. Overall he was stuck.

Seeing her little brother glued to the tablet, Jamie sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. She rubbed her eyes before taking a step towards Nando's bed, there she sat at the end of it and took the tablet from his hands.

"You need to sleep," she said sternly

"But it's important," he whined

"You're acting like a child Nando. Just get some sleep it's 3 in the morning," she put the tablet to the side and looked at him softly. "I know you get fixated on things and it's hard to stop but you need to take care of yourself."

"I am, I do sleep like at school."

"That's another issue, you know you should focus at school,"

"But it's boring," he complained

"God it's like I'm talking to an actual toddler..." she muttered, "how about you sleep and talk about this with your friends? Maybe they know more about this then you?"