Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Messing around
▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎

"You're not allowed to leave the house," Jamie stated with a stern look on her face

"What?!" Nando yelled upset. "Why not?!"

"Alright," Sammy shrugged

"God I already explained this," Jamie sighed "you totally failed your English test and because of that I want you to.. you know.." Jamie couldn't bare to say it.

"Please don't say it, come on you know how much I hate it when she makes me do it," Nando pleaded

Jamie always told herself that she would never turn out like her mother, she would rather die then to turn out like her. But with the recent events and mostly grades Nando was getting, she believed that she was being too easy on the boy. Really being a guardian was harder then she thought.

When they were younger it was more easier to take care of Nando, since their mother would always have him under control. Even though she always went a little too far with it, she still managed to get him under control. But now that she's doing it, and with all the work she has on her back. She just needed to keep him in check.

So that might mean having to do what her mother did.

"Look just study for an hour and then you can do whatever you want, please. I don't want you to fail the next test," she begged

"Come on! I only got a D and it's my first D," Nando fought back

"That's true, plus he's passing the class with a B now," Sammy spoke out.

"Didn't ask for your input Sammy," Jamie groaned.

Sammy just did a zipping motion over his mouth before holding up his hands in defense.

"And I know you're doing good in school. I just don't want you to make it habit of slacking. Plus the semester is about to end once you get back from winter break. So at least do this,"

"I'm not dumb," Nando grumbled

"I'm not saying that you are, just try a little harder. I know that if you try then you could be just as smart as Sammy," Jamie smiled

She walked over to Nando and held onto his shoulders. She looked down at him, her eyes went soft as he watched the boy pout. It pained her to do this, to remind him of what their mother did to him. Even if it wasn't as bad as their mother did, it still caused some type of reaction within Nando.

With one final smile, she brushed parts of Nando's hair out of his face and kissed his cheek. She patted his head before turning away from him.

"Alright I'm off to my night shift, you better do as I say and please don't make a mess of the house," she smiled

Nando just waved at her goodbye with a small frown. Sammy did the same but he didn't seem to care because the whole situation didn't really comply to him. Even if it did, he wouldn't complain and would just listen because Jamie is one of the few people he would actually listen to.

On the other hand, Jamie was Nando's sister. So he could either listen to her or go against what she wishes. And like normal siblings, he wanted to go against what she wanted just to annoy her. Well that was only half of the reason, it was a normal younger brother thing to do. But the other half was because he was just mad that his sister was making him do this.

Because she promised that she would never make him do the things his mother made him do.

As the door closed shut, Nando turned to Sammy. Sammy already knew where this was going. When they were younger, Nando would always do things like this.