Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Sick Days
▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎

You never realize you have something good, until it is taken away from you. It's always those moments where you realize you've taken things for granted.

Like for example, breathing

It's so easy to breath and you don't even think about it unless someone reminds you that you're breathing. You don't realize how much breathing does for you, and how easy you have it until it's take away.

Which is exactly what Nando was thinking about as he laid on his bed with a stuffy nose and itchy throat. It was just great.

He wasn't sure why he exactly got sick, but whatever it was would definitely pay. Nando hated being sick, he hated the gross feeling of being sick and all the struggles that came with it.

Out of the two, Nando was the more prone to getting sick, since he was more sensitive to sickness and also the more careless one.

"Achoo, achoo, achoo!" He sneezed and cuddled into his blankets.

"Salud," Sammy yawned.

It was pretty early in the morning when Nando first woke up with a fever. He kept on whining and groaning about how everything was so hot then how everything was so cold.

He heard Jamie leave the house, which meant calling for her wouldn't do anything. She couldn't just take work off for him, even if Nando wanted her to do so. He did try calling for her, but once again Jamie said to ask Sammy for help since she was working. She said she'd come off early from work but aside from that, there wasn't much she can do.

This only made Nando whine more, his whole body was heating up and there was nothing he could do about it. He climbed back into bed, only to crawl right back out and walk over to Sammy's bed. There he hovered over his bed, getting ready to wake the boy up with a pillow.

When Sammy was woken up, he went for a kick to Nando's waist for waking him up. But he immediately froze once he saw Nando's flushed face.

"Are you going to school?" Nando huffed out, barely able to open his mouth.

"No, gotta take care of you," Sammy replied while carrying a small bowl of water with a towel.

Nando looked at him, he could barely stay awake. He thought for a moment, it was strange. Even now he wondered why was he always so much more important. He knew to others he was, but to Sammy. It was different.

"Remember, you're pretty much helpless when you're sick," Sammy laughed. He then paused and looked over at Nando, Nando didn't laugh with him, "sorry..."

"It's whatever..." Nando pushed his body further into the covers of his bed.

Sammy sighed "look I didn't mean it like that,"

"I know, just go to school or something," Nando grumbled

Sammy could tell that Nando was still hurt by his comment.

"I can't go without you," Sammy stated

Nando peeked his head over the covers, he saw the way Sammy looked. He wasn't the only one who depended on Sammy, Sammy depends on him too. It was never one sided, and Nando knew that already. He just didn't get why Sammy needed him.