Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Jamie's watching
▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎

She wasn't sure when it started.

She believed it was only a little change, only Sammy at first. Of course she cared for the boy, but she knew he could take care of himself. The boy was strong and smart.

So when he started to loosen up and become a little more sassy, she wasn't to worried. She believed that maybe he was getting comfortable with her and was ready to move on from what had happened. But then it was Nando.

From the minute the boy was first born, she made it her priority to keep him away from harm, to protect him, and do anything to help this boy succeed. And for the most part she did, but when the incident happened she wasn't sure what to do. And so she let him stay at her place with his best friends

Ever since the incident it seemed as if the boy completely shut down. He wasn't the boy she once knew, he was smaller, sensitive, and more reserved.

It wasn't until recently had she seen a change in him.

When they first moved in with her, Nando was quiet and always tired. He wore dark clothes and never bothered to leave his room. Whenever she was home to eat dinner with them, he never talked much and barely knew what was going on in school. Most of the time it was just a talk with her and Sammy. Of course Nando would still cling onto her and stay by her side whenever she was around, but he never spoke.

But now he talks. He talks about his day and the things he's done at school. He makes jokes and soft insults like he used to. He even started dressing different and it was every other day that he would go out somewhere.

Jamie was happy about this, she loved seeing her little brother happy, she also liked that Sammy was also enjoying his time here. But it worried her.

What was making the two so comfortable, what were they doing while she was gone, and who are these "friends" they keep talking about. She didn't know if she could trust them, for all she knew they could be another them issue.

And so she made a plan to see who really were these "friends"

"Hey Nando!" Jamie called for the boy.

She sat on the dinning table with a few papers scattered around, her hair tied in two messy buns and her glasses almost falling from her face.

It was late and she had just gotten back from a night shift, she still had a couple of things to do. Even if it was late, she knew Nando was still up and so was Sammy.

"Coming!" Yelled Nando as he raced down the steps.

He ran right to the kitchen and stood in front of his sister.

He wore some baggy sweats and a loose black tank top, his hair also a mess. He had dark circles under his eyes and seemed to be caring a tablet with him.

"What's up?" He smiled at her.

Jamie stared at her brother with tired eyes and smiled back at him. Oh how she loved him so very much.

"I don't have work tomorrow," Nando eyes immediately widened and his smile became bigger.

"Really?!" He cheered happily.

"Yep," she grinned "so I was thinking..."

Jamie wasn't completely sure if Nando would like the idea, she also wasn't sure if he would agree. So she tried to approach the topic calmly.