Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Boys vs girls
▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎▁︎

Lunch time was always so peaceful, expect it never was.

Aside from the first few uncomfortable things, like the smell and amount of people, Sammy and Nando got used to the routine. Sitting with all the guys at long lunch table, everyday having a new topic to talk about and everyday the lunch ending with everyone happy and full. Even Kenny, because Sammy made sure to pack him a lunch everyday like he promised.

It wasn't until recently where there was a drastic change to that schedule. It seemed that not only did their close friends what to sit with them during lunch, but so did their females friends.

It stared off with a weekly ask, Wendy or Bebe would ask for them to sit with them at lunch. Which Sammy would think about while Nando accepted immediately. But then it started to be every other day that they asked for the boys. And at times Sammy had to decline because he didn't want his original friends to get upset with him. Yet it seemed like they were more mad at the girls more than anything.

Nando didn't see an issue with this, he equally liked the two and wouldn't trade one for the other. He of course never spoke much but did text all of them, even if the texts were barely readable. Nonetheless he managed to get the word across and had a lot of fun texting the girls. Even Wendy replied to his texts quickly, which surprised him at first. But he was happy that she was able to understand him and even bothered to reply to his texts.

On the other hand, it seemed that Wendy would actually try to look at her phone often to see if the boy texted. That and she had Sammy's coonstagram notifications on, so she often checked out his profile to see his new pictures.

So during these days it was hard to catch a break from both of their friend groups. Sammy didn't want to be choosing sides since he was already more comfortable with one of his friend groups then the other. While Nando often chose the females because he admired them.

Even so, that dilema didn't prepare them for what was going to happen next.

Sammy and Nando walked through the empty hallways, they didn't say much since Nando was on his phone listening to music and Sammy was skimming through a book he just got. They usually would be walking with either Bebe and Wendy, or Stan and Kyle. After Stan noticed the sudden attachment Wendy had for Sammy and Nando, he started to pick them up before lunch. He was just fast enough to grab the two and walk out the class before either of the girls had the chance. But today was different, neither Stan nor Wendy approached the two.

Instead Wendy had left the classroom before anyone else and Bebe had followed shortly behind, she gave a wave to the two before leaving. That left Nando and Sammy to wander the hallways until they went to lunch, something they hadn't been able to do in a while.

"You wanna go see the goths later today?" Nando asked finally looking away from his phone.

"Sure, but why the sudden thought," Sammy asked.

"Just been a while since we've seen them and I kinda like seeing Henrietta and all her glory," Nando said imaging Henrietta sitting on the black rug in the back.

Sammy just laughed at that and nodded his head, "we could see them after lunch. If we get the chance to,"

Nando fist pumped and went back to looking on his phone.

As the two continued to walk, Sammy noticed something. Well actually he heard something. Nando didn't hear anything because he still had his earphones on, so he continued to walk forward. Only for Sammy to pull him back, they hid behind a wall and waited for something to happen.