ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜- 𝔼𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕌𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕

Her heart raced with a mix of excitement and nervousness as she bound her chest tightly, adopting a more masculine silhouette. She adjusted her clothing—a rough tunic and pants—eager to blend in seamlessly. Determination gleamed in her eyes as she chopped her hair short, a final touch to conceal her true identity.

Taking a deep breath, she walked towards the group of men who had gathered for the mission preparation. Among them stood her father, Hakoda, engrossed in studying a map spread out before him. As she blended perfectly into the group, her heart raced with a mix of anticipation and nervous energy, her adrenaline surging through her veins.

During the ongoing discussion, Aeyenna absorbed every word, her determination unshaken. Fueled by the longing to make a meaningful contribution, she was determined to stand alongside with her father, protecting their tribe from the looming threat of the Fire Nation.

Days turned into weeks, and Aeyenna proved herself through hard work and skill. She practiced tirelessly, mastering combat techniques and absorbing war tactics. Her disguise held strong, and her secret remained concealed.

But secrets have a way of revealing themselves. One evening, as the sun set below the horizon and the group gathered around the campfire, Hakoda's gaze lingered on Aeyenna. In his eyes, a glint of recognition flickered, a realization that surpassed her disguise.

Later that night, Hakoda sought Aeyenna out. They stood on the outskirts of the camp, moonlight casting shadows around them. Aeyenna's heart pounded, her secret seemingly exposed.

Hakoda's voice was gentle yet firm as he spoke, "I understand your intentions were good, but this is too dangerous . You can't continue like this."

Aeyenna's shoulders slumped, a mixture of disappointment and relief washing over her. Her true identity was exposed, a weight lifted as the truth emerged. She nodded, her eyes glistening.

Tears welled in her eyes as Hakoda continued, "Promise me you'll return to the village?"

Aeyenna nodded once more, her voice hushed, "I promise."

Well, that was a lie.

"Psst!" Iroh hissed, lightly knocking and pushing open Aeyenna's door at the same time. "I need your help."

Aeyenna, sat in her mirror chair, dazed turned her head slowly to face Iroh. "Sure, what do you need?"

In minutes, Iroh and Aeyenna stood outside Zuko's cabin.

"What's this about?" Aeyenna whispered.

"Shhh! Just back me up," Iroh responded.

Iroh cautiously cracked open the door and peered inside. Zuko sat peacefully with his eyes closed, four candles on a table before him, flickering in an unsteady dance.

Zuko opened his eyes calmly. "The only reason you should be interrupting me, is if you have news about the Avatar."

Iroh fully entered the room, holding a rolled-up scroll. "Well, there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset."

The prince sat motionless in his meditative stance. Calmly, he urged, "Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now, whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it."

Aeyenna raised an eyebrow, impressed by Zuko's newfound maturity.

Iroh stroked his beard thoughtfully. "Okay then. We have no idea where he is."

The candle flames suddenly surged, filling the room with fiery light.

Zuko stood up, his anger visible. "What?!" Iroh shielded his face from the flames, and merely withdrew a fan from his robe, using the fan to cool himself off and handed one to Aeyenna.