ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘- ℤ𝕦𝕜𝕠 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔸𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝔽𝕒𝕣 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 ℍ𝕠𝕞𝕖

As the sun dipped low in the sky, Zuko and Aeyenna continued their journey atop the ostrich horse. Zuko led the way, guiding the horse with Aeyenna behind him, holding onto his waist for support.

With her face nestled against his back, Aeyenna's voice was barely audible as she whispered, "Zuko, I'm starving."

As Zuko's stomach growled in hunger, he clutched it. Catching the aroma of food, he spotted a couple cooking steak below the ridge he was walking on. Without hesitation, he reached for his dual dao swords, preparing himself to take what he needed from them.

Aeyenna glanced down and noticed a man and a pregnant woman cooking below. She met Zuko's gaze, and he halted his motion, reconsidering his actions, before continuing on their way.

Riding through grasslands strewn with large, broken Earth Kingdom rocks, Zuko held his water pouch to his lips for a drink, finishing it off thirstily.

"Really?" Aeyenna coughed out.

"Sorry," Zuko murmured, "I was parched."

Zuko struggled to stay awake. Aeyenna shook him gently. "Zuko, are you okay? I can take the reins if you need to rest."

"I'm fine," he slurred, his words barely audible.

Under the hot sun, Zuko arrived at a small, poor town, its buildings mostly constructed from wood and appearing poorly built.

As they strolled past a group of Earth Kingdom soldiers engaged in a rowdy gambling session on the street, Aeyenna and Zuko drew wary glances. The soldiers eyed them as they passed by with the ostrich horse, their presence not going unnoticed amidst the lively commotion.

Zuko shot a defiant glare back at the soldiers before dismounting his ostrich horse and walking towards a nearby merchant's store.

"Could I get some water, a bag of feed, and something hot to eat?" Zuko requested, extending his hand with two coins.

"Not enough here for a hot meal," the store owner shrugged. "I can get you two bags of feed."

Zuko glanced at Aeyenna, who groaned in disappointment.

Aeyenna noticed two children hiding behind the store counter, their faces lit up with mischief. One of them giggled and threw an egg, hitting a gambling soldier nearby.

"Ow!"

The two boys dashed away as the Earth Kingdom soldier turned around, his expression darkening. "Hey! You throwing eggs at us, stranger?"

"No," Zuko replied calmly, his voice firm.

"You see who did throw it?" The soldier asked.

Zuko turned to face them and shook his head. "No."

"That your favorite word, no?" One the soldiers asked.

"Leave him alone," Aeyenna interjected.

The leader chuckled. "Looks like your girlfriend's got some fight in her. Does she always fight your battles for you?" He teased, a smirk playing on his lips.

Aeyenna rolled her eyes, jumping down from the ostrich horse and standing her ground. "I said leave him alone," she asserted firmly.

The soldiers chuckled. "Sweetheart. Egg had to come from somewhere."

Zuko held Aeyenna protectively. "Maybe a chicken flew over," he quipped, his tone laced with sarcasm.

One Earth Kingdom soldier chuckled, earning a sharp glare from the leader. Just then, the store owner returned with Zuko's feed bags for the ostrich horse. However, before Zuko could take them, the leader snatched both bags from the counter.