Shy and Timid

It had been a week since Anakin had arrived at the rebel base. He had never left his and Ahsoka's quarters or had eaten anything either.

Anakin listened to Ahsoka as she talked to Kanan outside of the room.

"He's not like he used to be," Ahsoka sighed. "He used to be so outgoing," she told Kanan. "Now he's so shy and timid."

"That is to be expected. He's traumatized from what he's done and what has been done to him," Kanan said. "All we can do is try to help him as much as we can."

"Yes," she responded. "I'm so worried about him though. He barely even talks to me, and if he does, he stutters or he says that he's so sorry for what he's done."

"I'm afraid there is little to be done about that. Maybe over time he'll heal, but right now he's so bruised by what he's gone through that he can't do anything but feel bad about himself," said Kanan.

"I know, I know, I get it. I just miss how he used to be. He was always so alive and had the best humor," Ahsoka wiped a tear from her eye.

"Feel your blessing, Ahsoka. For the longest time you've been complaining about how you wish he could come back to you, and now you have him. He's at his weakest right now, and he needs you at your best," Kanan said to her.

"I understand. I also have an idea on how to try to help him, or rather a special someone," Ahsoka said with a barely noticeable smile.

"Him, really? Do you think that's the best idea after everything?"

Ahsoka shrugged. "I'm not sure. It's just an idea right now, but I think he needs help from more people that just myself, Kanan. I'll also ask Rex if he wants to stop by and try to talk to him again."

"I can do that if you'd like," Kanan suggested. Ahsoka's eyes lit up as she smiled. "That would be great, Kanan."

"Of course, Ahsoka. I'll have him here as soon as possible," he said before leaving.

Ahsoka entered her and Anakin's room. She smiled at him. "Hello, Anakin."

"I heard you talking to Kanan," he said quietly. Ahsoka's expression dropped. She went to sit down next to him on the bed.

"I'm sorry, Anakin. I don't want you to take what I was saying the wrong way. I care for you greatly, it's just sometimes I wish things could go back to the way they were before," Ahsoka said.

Anakin nodded. "I- I get what you mean, Ahsoka," he replied. "I wish I hadn't messed up so horribly."

Ahsoka gave him a look. "Remember what I said about talking down about yourself, Anakin, don't," she said. Anakin looked down. "I'm sorry, Ahsoka. I'm trying to get better."

Ahsoka smiled. "I know," she whispered. "You're doing great."

Anakin hadn't had any progress since he got here, but Ahsoka wasn't going to tell him that. He already despised himself greatly, and she didn't want to add to any of that.

"Also Anakin," Ahsoka started. He looked up at her. "Hm?"

"Rex was going to stop by if that's alright," Ahsoka said. Anakin froze. "R- Rex?"