Broken Beyond Repair

There were conveniently two empty rooms next to Ahsoka and Anakin's room. The twins would share one, and Obi-Wan would get his own.

Anakin and Obi-Wan were both sitting on Obi-Wan's bed, both deep in thought.

Obi-Wan was the first to break his trance, and then he decided to bring Anakin back to reality.

"I cannot tell you enough how proud I am of you, Anakin," Obi-Wan said as he beamed at Anakin. "To come back from the Dark Side has never been accomplished before on your level."

Anakin sighed before slightly smiling.

"Thank you, Master, but I don't deserve your kindness," Anakin said quietly.

"Yes you do," Obi-Wan replied. "And do know that if you ever need to talk to someone about anything, I'm here for you."

Later that night, Anakin was ambushed with a nightmare.

He saw her. He didn't know how. She was dead, but here she was before him. Padmè Amidala, his beloved wife.

"Padmè?" Anakin questioned, his voice barely audible. "How are you here? I don't understand."

"You never did, Anakin," her tone was dark and her eyes held no loving light in them. "You're the reason why I'm dead, and you're the reason why millions in the galaxy are dead. You've ripped so many families apart, even your own. I can't believe I ever married you," said Padmè.

"Padmè, angel," Anakin whimpered as he fell to his knees. "Sorry doesn't even begin to grasp how much I regret ever hurting you or anyone else. The guilt rips me apart more and more each and every day, and I don't know how much more of this I can stand. I miss you, so, so much, and I know I have no right to, but I do," Anakin said. He looked up into her brown eyes but they were now lifeless as she collapsed to the ground.

"Padmè!" Anakin cried as he cradled her body in his arms until it faded away and he woke up.

When Anakin awoke his eyes were filled with tears and his breathing was heavy. He remembered what Obi-Wan had said earlier and headed towards his room.

He entered Obi-Wan's room and kneeled beside his bed. Anakin hesitantly touched his arm to wake him up. Anakin didn't want to bother him, and he also knew he didn't deserve any comfort, but he just couldn't stand being alone with thoughts of Padmè in his head.

Obi-Wan opened his eyes and looked at Anakin with a sleepy expression. Anakin started to feel even more guilty for waking him up.

"I'm sorry, Master. I didn't want to wake you up. It's just-" Anakin's words came to a halt as he sighed.

Obi-Wan's lips curled up slightly. Only slightly though, because he knew Anakin was sad.

"What's wrong, Anakin?" Obi-Wan asked as softly and kindly as he possibly could.

More tears began to fall from Anakin's eyes as he remembered the dream he had.

"I- I had a dream about Padmè," Anakin said. He could barely get himself to say her name. He missed her more than he had ever missed anyone. Even more then he missed his mother. Padmè was his other half, and now he was just half the man he used to he. Anakin was broken beyond repair.