12. Strong Lad

"Oh boy." Aelsa remarked when she got to the castle. Rhaenyra had just had a black haired little boy. Thats what the rumors deemed anyways and aelsa was inclined to believe them.

''A boy. I've just heard.' Laenor said happily

''Yes.'' Rhaenyra said through pained breaths.

''Well done. Where are you going?''

''She wants to see him.'' Rhaenyra hissed

''Now? I'm coming with you.''

''I should hope so.'' Rhaenyra countered

''Let me take him.'' Laenor offered

''No, she'll get no such satisfaction from me. Just take my arm, at the least.'' Rhaenyra told him stubbornly and he held onto her trying to help her walk.

''Was it terribly painful?''

''Oh gods.'' Rhaenyra grumbled men knew nothing of birthing pain.

''I took a lance through the shoulder once.'' Laenor remarked.

Alicent had begun to think of aelsa as a mother figure or an aunt over the years. Aegon already loved her and so did Halaena and Aemond. Despite their rocky start they had grown closer.

"Criston. Hi honey. Looking well. Alicent inside?" Aelsa questioned as he pushed open the door for her. "What a glorious day."

"Hmm," alicent countered.

"Wine? Seems like a wine before breaking fast type of day." Aelsa offered pouring her a glass.

"Read my mind." Alicent agreed.

Aelsa felt a certain responsibility for Alicent after Otto was so rudely removed from the capital. Alicent had no one and Aelsa wanted her to have a family, a mother figure, sister figure, someone she could look up to. Who better than Aelsa? They were already at all the meetings together, lived in the capital, saw each other daily. It had been slow going considering they didnt start on the best terms and Aelsa might have called Alicent some unpleasant names but that was before and this was now.

"Where is Viserys?" Aelsa pondered. Alicent nodded to the back room, sleeping, poor man was always so tired recently.

''What is it?' Laenor asked as she heard bells tolling in the distance. ''What is it? What is it?''

''Fuck. Walk... Walk!'' Rhaenyra grumbled forcing a smile as they moved.

''What could she possibly want? I thought we were past this.'' Laenor remarked.

''Princess, Ser Laenor, it is a privilege to be amongst the first to congratulate you.'' Caswell said as they passed

Aelsa loved Viserys like family, noted she didnt really love her family pre Larys and the children, but she loved her new family. Viserys was a sweet man, sure he didnt know how to woe Alicent but with the rate his disease was growing, he wasnt a young man, his 40 years looked more like 60 to 70. It was hard to picture him so full of life, his mind hard at work, just ten years ago.

Aelsa had loved to play chess against the king but his mind rarely was ready for such a stimulating activity. But when he asked, Aelsa always agreed.

''We are turning back, all right? She can come to us, all right?'' Laenor offered

'No. Not unless you wish to carry me down those fսcking stairs.'' Rhaenyra hissed and Laenor sighed in defeat.

''This is absurd.''

''Mm...'' Rhaenyra agreed as they approached, Ser Criston was at the door.

''Princess.'' Criston remarked opening the door for them.