29. Wildest Dreams

"Its stupid."

"Thanks Aelsa." Alicent murmured.

"Just saying."

"Cant you lie for once?"

"I could but what fun would that be?" Aelsa countered. Alicent rolled her eyes. " they are children you were forcing your daughter to have the same awful experience that you had. Don't you see that?"

" I'm protecting her from marrying a bastard, her titled forever be-"

" OK I'm gonna stop you there." Aelsa countered, waving hand around. She stepped in front of alicent blocking her path. " as much as I hate what happened that day on drift mark this is a different kind of punishment, a different kind of torture they'll be forever and ever and ever... there is a different and better solution right under your nose that you are clearly missing."

" what are you talking about?" Alicent countered.

"Aemond."

"Aemond?" Alicent demanded.

"Aemond do you know your son you're handsome little boy who is not a little boy anymore and helaena clearly loves Aemond-"

"Helaena will be queen one day... I mean-"

"You have thought it too?" Aelsa pondered.

"No but... helaena will marry Aegon. It has to be this way." Alicent decided.

"No it doesnt. But you are stubborn like me so you wont change your mind." Aelsa decided. Alicent pursed her lips. "Bye... Otto walk with me." He quickly fell into step beside her. "You seriously think this is a good idea?"

"No. Matches are made with opposing houses to gain support and wealth." Otto agreed.

"Yeah... you really did a number on Alicent."

"Me?" otto countered.

"Yeah." Aelsa agreed. "You know I feel partial blame for Alicents rise to queendom."

"Downfall." Otto countered. "Thats what you mean?" Aelsa shrugged.

"We both played the game well back then. Didnt see the repercussions of our actions. Maybe you did."

"You did you wanted to be hand. You got to be hand. A great one at that." Otto assured.

"Thank you. You ever think about what might have happened if..."

"No. Alicent was meant to be queen. I know it." Otto declared.

"And your grandchildren? What of them? You think they..."

"Tis a mother and fathers duty to decide the fate of their children." Otto remarked. "Speaking of which has Ollivander shown any interest in-"

"Otto." Aelsa warned.

"I noticed a lovely young woman-"

"Otto. You are not his father."

"Im your friend. I care." Otto corrected. "I care about his future."

"I care about him being happy. Finding love."

"Like we did." Otto agreed. Aelsa nudged him.

"You are too much." Aelsa mumbled.

"Join me for a game." Otto requested.

"Sorry dearie. Im meeting viserys." Aelsa corrected as she strut off.

♟️

"Checkmate."

"Damn you!" Viserys laughed out. "One of these days im going to win."

"In your wildest dreams honey." Aelsa corrected.

"Alright clean it up. Lets play again."

"Knock knock- Aelsa what a surprise!" Aegon declared.

"Is it? This is my office." Aelsa countered. "What do you need honey?"

"Just your gorgeous self." Aegon cooed.

"Hello Aegon." Viserys cut in.

"Father." Aegon added as he sat beside Aelsa. "You playing your game again. Play with me Aelsa."

" are used to try and play chess with you and you always group bored by the third move." Aelsa corrected. She ran her fingers through his hair. He sighed leaning into her. Viserys chuckled. " then your handsome little self would fall sleep in my lap."

"Handsome." Aegon agreed giving her a cheeky grin.

Viserys looked tired. He drew a hand over his face. It's a thinking face, but more than that, it's a frustrated thinking face Aelsa realized. He was tired and needed his rest but he wanted to be brave to be strong. To stay up like he used to.

"Viserys I just realized what time it was. I need to be getting home to the kids. Make them supper." Aelsa remarked. Larys would surely already be making supper.

"I can help!" Aegon offered.

"Your mother will be looking for you. Surely," viserys countered as he slowly pulled himself from the couch. "Thank you for the game Aelsa."

"Thank you." Aelsa countered kissing his cheek. "Night Viserys." She hugged Aegon. "See you tomorrow sweetie."

"Night Aels." Aegon agreed. Aelsa was heading out when she stumbled into otto. He stared back at her as he pushed himself off the wall he had been leaning on.

"Heading home for the night?"

"Yes."

"To the family..." otto added.

"Yes." Aelsa agreed with a chuckle.

"There has been something on my mind." Otto admitted.

"Alright." Aelsa agreed as they walked.

"Dreams have to match up. Or at least be compatible side by side." Otto remarked.

Aelsa stared back at him confused.

"Do your dreams and lord larys match up?" Otto questioned.

"Yes." Aelsa offered after a moment.

Otto smiled, running his heated gaze across Aelsas face. Just when she felt like she was about to melt under his stare, he resumed his strides, finally leaving her alone. Aelsa watched him walk away and there was a feeling in her chest that she couldn't explain. No she could explain it. She just didnt want to.

When a man is chasing you, and then decides to stop chasing you and walk away the meeting, the one thing, the crazy thing bubbles up to the surface as he turned to leave. It was funny how that worked.

Aelsa sighed pushing down the feelings, the flutter in her chest, when he turned his head ever so slightly, and smiled back at her before he rounded the corner and was gone.

"Hey Aelsa. In the kitchen!" Larys called out when aelsa got home.

"Hi honey."