36. Entitled

''Smaller than I remember." Jace and Luke were walking the courtyard while the men were training. It had been years since they were last at kings landing.

''It looks exactly the same.' Luke countered

''Ah, Luke, come on.'' Jace said leading him around a smile on his face. ''See? I told you this would still be here." He picked up a sword, one of the old swords from when they were training as children.

''And you thought you could swing Criston's morning star.''

''And you almost took your own head off.'' Luke counted. "What's your problem?''

''Everyone's staring at us.'' Jace told him as his eyes shifted around

''Hyah!'' they heard the men dualling behind them.

"I want to be good like Aemond." Atticus remarked. Only a few years younger he was a skilled warrior but Aemond was on another level it was clear.

"I would rather use my mind than a sword." Ollivander countered leaning on his blade as they watched aemond and criston train.

"Boring. Im going to be like uncle harwin." Atticus countered. Ollivander chuckled.

"Exiled?" He mused.

"Shut up." Atticus countered.

''No one would question me being heir to Driftmark... if... if I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than Ser Harwin Strong.'' Jace hissed

''It doesn't matter what they think.'' Luke reminded him, they heard a crowd cheering and a not so distant grunting they ran forward to get a better look as the crowd gasped. Aemonds sword whooshed through the air. Atticus clapped out.

"Well done, my Prince. You'll be winning tourneys in no time." Aemond smiled a cocky smile as the crowd applauded him.

''I don't give a shit about tourneys." Aemond remarked then he saw Jace and Luke staring at him ''Nephews... have you come to train?''

"Am I still the cutest wing woman?" Lila questioned

"Am I still the cutest wing woman?" Lila questioned. Alaric pulled her close.

"You are... oh your Strong cousins are here." Alaric remarked. Lila looked to jace and luke.

"They are not my cousins silly."'lila corrected.

"My mistake." Alaric mused kissing her cheek.

"Im nine next moon!" Lila reminded him.

"I know you. Your mama is already planning a party." Alaric agreed.

"Can I have a real lion for my name day?" Lila questioned smiling up at him. Alaric shifted on his cane.

"Ummm I think thats a question to ask your mama." alaric countered.

"But I have been asking for forever and she still hasnt gotten me one yet." Lila countered.

"Big knives and dragons. You remember that?" Alaric countered and lila giggled.

"I was like four." Lila countered.

"And you are such a grown up now." Alaric agreed.

"I am." Lila agreed. "Thank you for noticing. Im still waiting on the big knives though... hey can I have a big fancy blade for my name day?"

"That I think I can do," alaric agreed.

"Cool! Atticus, Olli! Im getting a big knife for my name day!" Lila declared running off.

"Big knife?" Aemond questioned picking her up. She leaned into him.

"Yeah so make sure my gift is really awesome. Uncle alaric is giving me a big fancy blade." Lila agreed. "Hi Jace. Hi luke."

"Hi Lila." They answered softly.

"What are you getting me for my name day?" Lila questioned aemond.

"Its a secret." Aemond countered.

"Can I have a dragon?" She whispered in his ear.

"How about a dragon ride with me?" Aemond countered.

"Okay but next year a dragon?" Lila questioned kissing his cheek.

+

''Open the gate!"

''Hold your nerve, my Queen.'' Otto remarked.  ''What we do, we do for the good of the realm.'' Aelsa paced back and forth. This was stupid. This was all so stupid.

"I must confess a certain uneasiness now this is at hand." Alicent remarked. ''He may yet live.''

''But we must be prepared if he does not.'' Vaemond remarked.  Aelsa rolled his eyes.

"Yeah... you must really love your brother. Already ready to feast upon his corpse before we have a body." Aelsa agreed.

"The realm has enjoyed a long peace, a credit to the work of both Jaehaerys and Viserys, but the threat of war looms and may arrive on our shores." Otto told her. Aelsa wasnt good with men that felt entitled to the world. That was vaemond. ''When it does, will you want a child at the command of the greatest fleet in Westeros?''

''We must, of course... act in the interest of our subjects.'' Alicent agreed.

''The next Lord of the Tides will be deeply in your debt, Your Grace. As will Driftmark... in all its strength." Vaemond encouraged.

"Lets not get ahead of ourselves." Aelsa countered. "Everyones petitions will be heard in the morrow."

"You wanted to punch him," larys realized. Aelsa chuckled.

"That obvious?" Aelsa countered as she poked at her supper.

"Yes." Larys agreed. "You don't tolerate many people. Men like Vaemond in particular." Aelsa nodded taking a long sip of wine. "Will you sit the throne tomorrow?"

"Of course. Viserys is in no shape to rule. Tis my duty to help decide what the realms need and want..."

"I spoke with the queen." Larys remarked. "She said some unsavory things about daemon and rhaenyra."

"I dont care for them either." Aelsa agreed. "Let me guess they think they are entitled as well and accused Alicent and myself of poisoning the king to keep him subdued when for years they abandoned him?"

"Something like that. Yes." Larys agreed.

"They dont deserve a say in anything." Aelsa remarked. "Not after all the shit they pulled."

"I agree. What are you going to do?" Larys pondered as aelsa cleared the table.

"Go to bed with my husband and deal with Targaryen nonsense tomorrow." Aelsa remarked.

"I like that plan."