25. Ghost Town

"Are you sure Lord Otto can handle things?" Harwin mused. 

"Not trying to get rid of us are you?" Aelsa questioned. 

"No, never." Harwin countered. "Just surprised is all. In all the years I have known you, you have never been one to step aside and let a man do your job." 

"Well he can't do it better than I." Aelsa assured. "But my family needs me too." Aelsa remarked glancing to her children as they ran around in the courtyard. Ollivander was it and he was currently chasing Lila around as she shrieked out with laughter. "I needed this time with them before they grow up and I blink and I missed it because I was dealing with everyone elses issues and families and not my own." 

"We do need you." Larys agreed kissing her hand. 

"It's been like living in la la land." Aelsa admitted. "I cant' remember the last time I just... sat around and didnt have anything I needed to do." 

"It's refreshing isnt it?" Lyonel mused. "It was a strange adjustment for I as well. But you get used to other duties, perhaps you two want another child? Considering Harwin is never finding a wife it seems." Larys snored a laugh. 

"Thank you for that father." Harwin sassed. 

"I adore larys, but I dont think I want any more children. We have three. If I didnt have little Lila then maybe... but I am done having babies." Aelsa corrected. 

"You chop off his cock?" Harwin mused. 

"No, I like Larys cock much to much for that." Aelsa corrected. 

"I can take care of the kids tonight if you two want a date night." LYonel added. "Please let me do grandsire duties and you two have fun." 

"Okay." Aelsa agreed easily. "Be good for grandpa and give uncle Harwin hell." 

"Thanks." Harwin agreed. aelsa pulled Larys to his feet leading him outside. They walked for a bit getting away from the harrenhalls castle torches, finding a secluded region to call their own.  

"It's peaceful like a ghost town." Aelsa remarked staring up at the stars.

"You can see the stars and not smell shit

"You can see the stars and not smell shit." Larys agreed. Aelsa laughed out. 

"I'm glad we did this." Aelsa admitted after a long silent moment of listening to the crickets chirp. 

"Me too." Larys didnt miss the capital one bit, he would have stayed here forever, something he never thought he would say considering how much he had wanted to get away from Harrenhall previously. 

"She has been gone forever!" Aegon shouted.

"Lies." Helaena corrected. "It's been 23 days."

"For fucking ever." Aegon agreed.

"She has been gone longer than I expected. " Otto admitted. Alicent glanced to her father.

"Are you missing Lady Aelsa?" Alicent questioned.

"So what if I am?" Otto questioned.

"She's married." Alicent reminded him. 

"You keep telling me that as if I dont know that she has three children." Otto countered. 

"And a husband." Alicent added. 

"Yes. I know. LOrd Strong." Otto agreed stiffly. "I know these things. I pay attention. Aelsa was a dear friend of mine."

"Then you left for ten years and she moved on but clearly you havent." Alicent agreed. 

"I miss her so much! I dont know how we survived without her!" Aegon declared. 

"Has he always been this obsessed with Aelsa?" Otto pondered. 

"She was like a mother to him when I first had him, you recall? You two played house with him." Alicent reminded him. 

"Where is this attitude coming from? Return it. It doesnt look good on you." Otto decided.