15 | A Visit

"Would you like some tea?"

"Yes, that would be lovely,"

Sanji walked to the door of the kitchen but stopped when he heard an unfamiliar voice inside. It was a woman's voice.

"Thank you very much for letting me come here Nami, it is very appreciated,"

"No problem, you said you wanted to talk to an old friend, didn't you?"

"Yes, I was wondering if I could speak to Sanji?"

"Sure, he's mute so he'll just use a logbook to communicate."

"Sanji? A mute?"

"Yeah, I won't say why just for privacy reasons."

"Is he alright with me seeing him?"

"I think so, may I ask what your relationship with Sanji is?"

"We're... old friends, I wanted to check up on him."

Sanji slowly opened the door and immediately dropped his logbook. His eyes were wide and he was frozen in place.

R-Rei?

The woman with pink hair slowly stood up and turned to Sanji.

"It's been a while." 

She smiled and opened her arms. Sanji had tears pouring down his cheeks, he ran to the woman and threw himself to her. She caught him and hugged him tight.

"It's alright Sanji, I'm here." She slowly patted Sanji's hair and nuzzled her chin on his head. She was quite a bit taller than Sanji, she was hugging him tight while he cried in her arms, just like Zoro did.

Nami stood in confusion and shock.

"Are you guys...?"

"I'm Sanji's older sister."

Reiju turned her head to look at Nami, Sanji was still crying in her arms.

"Sanji didn't tell us he had family apart from Zeff." Nami said as Sanji pulled away from Reiju.

"Zeff?" Reiju looked confused.

"Yeah... your father, right?" Nami said. Sanji hugged onto his older sisters waist like a leach.

"I'm sorry, I don't know a person named Zeff," Reiju said, smiling down at Sanji as he hugged around her waist.

"But... isn't he Sanji's father?" Nami asked.

"Nami, I don't think he told you much about his past, did he..?" 

"No, he doesn't usually tell us much." 

"Well then, I think it's best to not say anything." Reiju kissed Sanji's forehead and bended over slightly, just so she could be level with him.

"I missed you so much Sanji. I'm so sorry I couldn't help you." Reiju pushed some of Sanji's hair behind his ear.

 "Tell me, how have you been?" Reiju asked. Sanji picked up his logbook and started to write.

I've been good.

"That's great Sanji, but do you mind if you step out for a minute while I talk to Nami?" Reiju asked. Sanji nodded and slowly made his way out of the door.

"Can you tell me why Sanji is mute?" Reiju's tone was ever so slightly colder than before.

"It's a long story-,"

"Just tell me the fucking reason."

"A-okay, he tried to... un-alive himself, and failed. He damaged his vocal chords when he tried, that's why he can't speak."

"Fuck... I'm going to murder them when I get back..."

"Reiju, who is 'them'?" Nami asked.

"My brothers."

"Wait, wait, wait. You're saying that Sanji has even more siblings?"

"We're five in total."

"FIVE!?"

"Yes."

...

"You look sad Reiju..?"

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe that Sanji would try that, and it's all because I couldn't save him."

"Okay, enough bullshit. Tell me what the heck actually happened to Sanji when he was younger."

"You might want to sit down."