29 | True Love?

"Will you... go on a date with me?" 

Sanji's eyes widened. 

"W-what?" 

They stood out in the ocean breeze on the deck, facing each other.

"I like you Sanji." 

It was the first time Sanji had ever seen Zoro this flustered.

"..why?"

"I don't know why, I just do, and I can't help it." Zoro said, avoiding Sanji's puzzled eyes.

"Okay,"

"R-really?" 

"Mhm."

A long smile formed on Zoro's face.

"That's great! Um, there's a small restaurant on the island, and I thought we could visit?" 

"Okay." Sanji smiled and nodded.

"Uhh- I'll go get everything ready!" Zoro said, patting Sanji on the head before running back inside to smarten himself up.

Sanji chuckled as he watched Zoro (who was a flustered mess) frantically try and pull himself together.

~~~

The sun was slowly falling beneath the moon and stars were starting to light up the night sky. The peaceful town was still awake, and music howled from every restaurant and bar no matter the time.

The restaurant was nice, decor was scattered throughout and low romantic music played throughout. There was quite a few people, mostly well-dressed couples on dates. Sanji felt as though he wasn't dressed enough, everyone else were in suits or pretty red dresses, while he stood in simple and comfortable clothes.

"Do you want to sit down?" Zoro asked, taking Sanji's hand gently. Sanji nodded and followed Zoro to a table where they both sat opposite each other.

"Soo, um.. what do you want to talk about?" Zoro asked awkwardly.

"Don't mind." Sanji replied, keeping his sentences short.

"Okay then, lets see here..."

~~~

"Sanji? Are you okay?" Zoro asked, looking to Sanji. He looked pale, almost sick.

"Y-yeah, I just-feel a-a bit sick." Sanji groaned. He seemed to be dizzy, like he was about to fall over at any minute.

"You might need some fresh air, come with me, we can take a break." Zoro took Sanji's hand and softly pulled him towards the door before leaving.

The breeze was sudden, but nice.

The night was darker than ever, the only thing that gave light were some old street lamps that were dotted around the town.

"S-sorry..." 

"It's fine, there was quite a lot of noise and people. I hope you're doing okay." Zoro said. Sanji nodded.

"Bit better." Sanji said, looking into the midnight sky.

"Do you- want to go for a walk?" Zoro asked.

"Sure." 

.

.

.

"So.. you never told me about, y'know. Why everything happened the way it did." Zoro said. Sanji stayed silent, the corners of his mouth drooping just by the sound of his past being mentioned.

"Sorry, this is supposed to be romantic, not sad. Speaking of that, do you want to..like.."

"Kiss?"

Zoro halted and turned his head.

"Y-you wouldn't mind? I just didn't want to bring back um- bad memories." Zoro said. Sanji chuckled.

"It's fine. You can."

Zoro smiled at Sanji's consent before pulling him close.

"I've wanted to tell you how much I love you for so long, but I never got the chance. I loved you before that year you were asleep, I've loved you since you joined the crew. And that's why I pretended to dislike you so much, I was holding back my feelings because I knew that you hated me. But now that.. this all happened, I know what I feel for you.-

-True love,"

Sanji blushed and hid his face with his arms.

"Sanji... can I kiss you?" (Aki and Haru flashbacks)

Sanji nodded.

His lips were captured quickly and his breath was taken away before he had it. Zoro sunk his tongue into Sanji's mouth and kissed him like the was no tomorrow. Sanji didn't pull away for air, he wanted to make the most out of his first (consensual) kiss.

"I love you Sanji," Zoro panted through thick breaths.

"Will you be mine... forever?" Zoro asked, holding Sanji's chin.

"I will," Sanji smiled softly before locking his lips onto Zoro's once more.

Their passionate intimacy ended when the town bell sounded.

12:00

"We should get going now," Zoro said, taking the younger boys hand.

"O-okay." Sanji stuttered, upset that it had all ended.

They walked until they found a small shortcut alleyway with dimly lit lights. It was dark and gloomy, making Sanji hold Zoro's hand tighter.

"It's alright."

"Mhm.." Sanji moved closer to Zoro, he felt like the walls were caving in around him.

Suddenly, all the lights flickered off, leaving them in complete darkness.

"Sanji!?" Zoro turned around, finding nothing. There was silence after Zoro's call.. nothing.

Zoro panicked, looking around for Sanji.

No one was there.

Apart from the person behind him.

BANG