23 | Robin.

Zoro leaned against the wall outside of the surgery room, his heart pounding in his chest. Of course he trusted Chopper, but he was scared that something may just go wrong. 

"Swordsman-san?" Zoro looked up and met with Robin's beaming blue eyes.

"Oh, hey Robin." He said. She walked closer to him and stood against the same wall.

"Worried about Sanji, are you?" She asked, smiling to Zoro, who didn't return the favour.

"I guess." Zoro mumbled, tapping his leg in a rhythm to try and calm himself.

"You like him, don't you?" Robin said.

"Define what you mean by 'like'." Zoro responded, still keeping his eyes away from Robin.

"Well, what do you want me to mean by 'like'?" 

"W-Huh? What do you mean?" Zoro stuttered, being confused by Robins question.

"What does the word 'like' mean to you, swordsman-san?" 

"I dunno, 'I like sake' or somethin' like that." Zoro said, somewhat knowing where this conversation was going to go.

"Do you 'like' sake, or do you 'love' it?" Robin asked, leaning closer to Zoro.

"I guess I.. really like it? Why are you asking me this anyway?" 

"By 'really like', do you mean 'love'?" 

"Uh, yeah?" Robin chuckled softly.

"What does love mean to you, Zoro?" She asked.

"Love is... wanting to hold someone close, and protect them. Maybe wanting to kiss them or touch them." Zoro said. His mind told him to shut up, he was just spewing nonsense at this point.

"I didn't know the swordsman was so sentimental," Robin said.

"I-I'm not! You just asked a question, so I answered it."

"Alright, alright. But could you do a favour for me and answer one last question?"

"Fire away." Zoro sighed.

"Do you 'like', or do you 'love' Sanji?"

Zoro finally looked at Robin, even though it was with a puzzled face.

"What? Sanji's just a crew mate, nothing more or less." Zoro said, defending his case.

"Now that's a silly answer, tell me the truth." Robin repeated.

"What truth? That is the truth!" 

"I highly doubt it, I heard when you came back to the ship a year ago, holding him in your arms while you were completely silent. I remember you shouting and tearing things upstairs because you were so upset that you couldn't save him, I also remember when you refused to speak to us because you were so sad. So I highly doubt you don't feel anything stronger towards the cook." 

"I feel nothing more than friendship towards Sanji, I just decided to become the bigger person and take care of him while he gets better. He's still just a crew-mate, I couldn't care less about what happens to him." Zoro said, closing his case. Robin smirked from ear to ear.

"You're a terrible liar swordsman-san, maybe take a thing or two out of Usopp's book." Robin said, lightly touching him on the nose before walking away.

Robin was right, Zoro was a terrible liar. 

Everything he had just said was a lie.