24- Gummy Bears

"Clyde, stop shoving gummy bears in your mouth, you're gonna choke."

Scott and Clyde were up in the catwalk again eating lunch. Scott had decided he'd trade off every other day between lunch with Clyde and lunch with Sophie. She wouldn't mind that he sometimes hung out with Clyde instead. Sophie was mostly glad that he'd expanded his social circle outside of just her and Butters. She wasn't really the jealous type.

Clyde at some point had started counting how many gummy bears he could fit in his mouth at once. He was at fourteen and struggling to jam more in there.

"Seriously I don't wanna have to give you the heimlich," Scott told him as Clyde managed to finagle a fifteenth in.

Clyde said something in response that Scott couldn't decipher through the massive wad of gummy bears filling his mouth. "Dude, I can't understand you like that," he said, giggling.

Clyde was well past the point of actually being able to chew and swallow all these bears, so instead he spit them into the empty ziplock bag that had previously contained his sandwich. Scott wrinkled up his nose in disgust as he watched. "I said, what about mouth to mouth?" Clyde was smiling like what he'd just said was the most creative thing in the world. Scott just facepalmed.

"That's quite literally the opposite of what you'd want me to do if you were choking. If I tried blowing into your mouth it would just force the food down further and get it even more stuck," Scott explained.

"Maybe it would go down far enough to just plop in my stomach and then we're all good," Clyde argued.

"The chances of that happening are slim to none. Why would I ever risk it when the heimlich is already proven to be effective?"

"I like to live life dangerously," Clyde replied, making finger guns at a very unimpressed Scott.

"I'm going to push you off the catwalk," he deadpanned.

"Aw I shouldn't have brought you around to hang out with my friends. You're starting to sound like Craig," Clyde whined. He was so cute, like seriously freaking adorable.

"Don't act like you don't love me," Scott teased, poking at Clyde's side.

It was hard to tell in the dim lighting, but Scott could have sworn Clyde was blushing. "What? Where'd you get that idea?" He said it a little too quickly, with a bit of nervousness Scott hadn't expected.

"Relax, you can admit it. You're wearing socks right? By your logic that means you're protected. Besides, I didn't mean, like, literally in love with me. I know you're not into guys, I'm just joking."

"Oh yeah, definitely." Clyde replied awkwardly, pressing his lips into a thin line. Scott was confused by his reaction. Clyde was always making gay jokes, so why did he seem to take it so poorly when Scott made them back?

"You okay?" Scott asked him.

"Yeah I'm fine," Clyde replied. "Just starting to get a headache." He closed his eyes and rested his head against the back wall of the walk.

Scott dug in his bag for a moment, sifting through his belongings, and produced a bottle of ibuprofen. "Did you want some for your head?" He offered.

Clyde hesitated for a moment. "Uh sure, thanks," he finally replied, shaking out a pill and swallowing it with a sip of coke.