Chapter 16

Lillian rushed over as George knelt down beside Cyrus. The man was out cold and showed no signs of waking any time soon. His black wings were tattered and seemed to be broken in several places. While the wounds where his wings were connected bled profusely and covered his bare back in dark red blood.

"He's not dying is he?!" Lillian asked worriedly. She wasn't sure if she was worried about him or herself, but nonetheless the question needed to be asked.

"You should know that a Fallen Angel cannot be killed by such wounds." George replied patiently as he looked over his Master with worry, "However, these wounds will take a few days to heal, during that time he won't be able to help us if there's another attack. So let's hope that he did far worse to the ones who attacked."

Lillian watched from where she stood behind George as he carefully rolled Cyrus on his right side. Cyrus groaned in pain, but didn't wake. George checked the wound on his head and checked him for other injuries before standing up and straightening his dress jacket.

"Stay with Master Cyrus, Miss Lillian. I will return with the first aid kit." George said gently before stepping past Cyrus and out of the panic room. She stared after the butler before looking down at the man at her feet.

Cyrus lay on his side where George had left him, his left arm twisted awkwardly near the shoulder. It appeared to be dislocated and Lillian cringed slightly. She'd seen many wounds before including limbs having been completely removed, but she had never seen a Fallen Angel in such a state. She had always thought they couldn't be harmed in such ways since they were technically Angels from Heaven, it made her wonder if the Angels who hadn't Fallen could be harmed like this or was it just a result of having forsaken the gates of the holy land.

Lillian's thoughts were interrupted as George returned and knelt down beside his master once again. He set the large box he held on the ground and opened it, pulling out bandages, a bottle of alcohol and a few cloths. He poured alcohol on one of the cloths before moving to clean the wounds that were visible. George started with the cut on Cyrus' head, the man flinching slightly but never waking, then the butler moved to the cuts along his back.

When the alcohol soaked cloth touched the wounds around his wings, Cyrus jerked forward in attempt to move away in his sleep. George stopped his actions and looked over at Lillian. She met his gaze with a questioning one of her own.

"I'm sorry to ask you for a favor Miss Lillian, but could you please keep him still while I finish cleaning and dressing his wounds?" George asked. Lillian glanced at George then at Cyrus before nodding and kneeling down beside him.

She slowly reached out and placed one hand on his shoulder and the other on his waist to hold Cyrus in place. He groaned slightly, but didn't try moving away. Lillian nodded at George and he proceeded to clean the wounds. Cyrus jerked forward again, but she quickly held him still using a little more strength then was normal for a Hunter. Hopefully the butler was too busy to notice her sudden show of strength and with a quick glance it was confirmed.

After several minutes, George had finished cleaning and dressing his Master's wounds and they had very difficultly reset his dislocated left shoulder. He stood up and Lillian quickly released Cyrus before getting to her feet as well.

"Would you mind helping me get him upstairs and into a bed?" George asked gently draping one of Cyrus' arms over his shoulders as he tried lifting him. Lillian sighed and moved to drape his other arm across her own shoulders.

They shuffled out of the panic room and up to the second floor. Lillian frowned slightly when they passed the doorway that had been her room. The windows were completely destroyed and the bed had been tossed and broken across the room.