Chapter 4

Jack stared at the table of the restuarant he sat in. The line had gone dead on the other end and all he kept hearing was her voice telling him good-bye.

"Jack is everything okay?" He looked up as Kate gave him a concerned look.

"I'm not sure, I think something happened to Lillian." He replied softly.

"You're friend. I thought she was working tonight?"

"She was.... But I think something might have happened while she was working." Jack tried dialing her number, but it only went straight to voice mail.

Just then the restuarant door burst open making Jack and Kate jump in their seats. Jack looked over to see Raphael march in and scan the tables before finding Jack and heading straight to him. Raphael yanked Jack up from his seat by his shirt and growled slightly.

"Hey! Excuse me, but put him down!" Kate demanded angrily glaring at the man.

"Stay out of this child!" Raphael commanded glaring at her for a moment. Kate silenced herself and shrunk in her seat, sensing the other worldly aura to him.

"She made a bet with a Fallen." Raphael muttered softly almost barely audible.

"She what?" Jack asked in shock his stomach dropping.

"She made a bet with a Fallen and she lost!" Raphael shouted throwing Jack into his seat, "She had a bet with a Fallen and you're out on a date! You're her partner Jack, you're supposed to protect her, have her back!"

"I didn't know." Jack said weakly, not trying to defend himself in the least. Lillian had been taken by a Fallen because he had been too busy dating to notice something was up.

"Who took her?" He asked softly.

"Cyrus." Raphael replied angrily, "And all because you were busy dating."

Jack felt his heart break at the thought of Lillian being in the hands of the one person she truly feared. She'd never told him that she feared Cyrus, but he knew deep down that the Fallen made her uncomfortable. And now thanks to him, she was stuck with the very Fallen she hated so much.

"Oh, Lillian, I'm so sorry." Jack whispered, burying his face in his hands.