Chapter 05

Katherine

"Good morning, loved ones" I greeted as my mom and dad walked into the kitchen all loved up and what not.

"You in a good mood for someone that was out partying all night"

"Had a late night snack so I'm all good to go" I grinned as I handed them Nutella pancakes with bacon on the side.

"Bless you" dad dug into his food.

"So how was the party?"

"I don't think I want to get into it"

"Morning family" Chandler came in with jake by his side. Great.

"Hey, when did you get here?" Mom turned to jake.

"Few minutes ago, chandler opened the door for me"

"Well sit, kat made us breakfast" dad patted him on the back.

"Can we talk?" Jake asked.

"Yeah sure"

"Where's my food?" Chandler asked

"Microwave"

Jake and I went up to my room. I sat on my bed while he stood in front of me. "Kat, I'm so fucking sorry for saying those things to you"

"You sure?"

"Definitely, I know you and river would never cross that boundary. I won't doubt you again babe"

"I have to tell you something"

"What is it?" he sat down in front of me and I looked down in guilt struggling to find my words. "I was talking to this guy and he got a little close. He only kissed my cheek but nothing happened further"

"What?" he yelled making me wince at the volume. "I was very drunk and I know that's not an accuse but i can promise you it will never happen again"

"How am I suppose to trust you?"

"Im sorry, jake"

"Who is he?"

"I don't know him or his name"

"Did he force you or something?"

"No but I need you to believe that it would never happen again" I took his hands and he looked me in my eyes looking for an answer.

"I need a minute"

"Babe" before I could stop him, he got up and walked out of my room. The tears started to form and I didn't bother wiping them away. My door opened and my mom came in holding my cry pillow. "He seemed upset, what happened?"

"Mom, I messed up really badly" I cried and my mom rushed to my side and held me as I cried. "What happened?"

"I was just talking to this guy and now jake is probably going to break up with me"

"What did he say?"

"He said he needed time"

"You guys just talked what's the big deal?"

"I don't know, it's just jake and I have been in a weird place and sometimes he gets really mean. I just wanted a break but I took it to far"

"How mean does he get?"

"Couples fight, it's nothing"

"Tell me, Katherine"

"He always accuses me of sleeping with river and last night he asked If I slept with him but in a shitty way"

"He slut shamed you? That's not okay"

"I know but he said sorry before I told him about the guy"

"Oh hunny" Mom sighed as she stroked my hair in comfort.

"It's fine, I have to get ready for class"

"Okay, I'll leave you alone" she kissed my forehead before walking out and closing the door behind her. I sighed as I went over to my closet and pulled out an outfit to wear.
I went into my bathroom, took a shower and washed my hair as well. After I was done, I got out and got dressed. I dried my hair and left it loose.

"Kat, you ready?" Chandler came into the bathroom already dressed and shaved. "You shaved your beard?"

"Yeah, needed a clean look"

"Okay then, let's go" I grabbed my bag and we drove to uni. Chandler asked me about what happened with jake but I just kept it brief since I was unsure about what is even going to happen with our relationship.
Chandler's phone went off and I grabbed it and saw that it was a text from jake. "Don't grab my phone like that"

"He's meeting you in the parking lot"

"Yeah, we got the same class, You want to see him?"

"I don't think I have choice since I'm in the car with you. Does he know I'm driving with you?"

"Obviously, maybe he's going to speak to you or something"

"Would you forgive your girlfriend if she did what I did?"

"You want me to lie or be bashfully honest?" he turned to look at me waiting for my answer before looking back at the road.

"Honest"

"I would send her packing" he shrugged making me huff and sulk in my seat.

"You asked" he tried to defend himself.  "I know. Do you think I'm a shitty person?"

"Honest?"

"Chandler!" I smacked his arm making him laugh. "You made a mistake and you owned up to it. Your actions weren't great but i know you and I know you wouldn't do such things"

"But I did and it can't be erased. I'm a cheater" I groaned and buried my face in my hands while Chandler took one hand off the steering wheel and rubbed my back trying to comfort me.

"We're here" I felt the car stop and I looked up to see jake waiting by a tree talking to his friends.

"She seems cosy" Chandler looked at the girl laughing with jake as she playfully smacked his arm. "Yet he has a problem with river" I rolled my eyes and got out of the car.

"Hey there" Jake's friend, Kendall yelled us over. Chandler threw his arm around me probably stopping me from walking in the other direction. "Hey guys" I smiled and Kendall immediately pulled me down onto the blanket he conveniently had on the grass.

"I missed you" he grinned.

"I missed you too"

I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up to see jake looking at me expectantly. "You want to talk to me?"

"Yeah" he grabbed my hand and lifted me from the ground. Before I could say anything he pulled me away from his group of friends. I looked over my shoulder to see Chandler giving me a supportive thumbs up. I'm going to need all the support for this chat.