Chapter 10

Katherine

"River!" I yelled as I tried walking through a bunch of people dancing on each other. Where the fuck is he?

I huffed before going upstairs to check cause knowing river, he's probably banging someone. I opened a bunch of doors but no river. Great

I took out my phone and called him only to get his voicemail. I heard voices coming from the door next to me and I opened it to reveal a bathroom. "River?" I yelled and only heard a giggle.

I moved the shower curtain away to see Jessica and jake naked in the tub.
"What the fuck?" I stepped back in shock.

"Kat? What are you doing here?" Jake tried to get out of the tub but I decked him and he fell right back in it.

"Might want to hire security the next time you set foot on campus" I left the door open and rushed down the stairs. I walked out of the house with tears down my cheeks.

"Hey Kat, what's going on?" River appeared in front of me.

"Where the fuck were you?" I yelled.

"I was standing outside, smoking. I texted you that my phone was gonna die so I couldn't get in contact with you"

"Oh, can we go please?"

"What's wrong, princess?" riv wiped the tears from my eyes only for me to start crying even more. "Who hurt you? Was it Jake? Give me the word and he's body will be swimming with the fishes"

"He was having sex with Jessica" I cried into river's shoulder.

"What the actual fuck?" river pulled me off him before storming back into the house.

"River! Stop"

Fuck fuck fuck

I grabbed my phone and called Mason and told him to come get Jake at the party. I ended the call and ran upstairs but before I could reach the top of the stairs, jakes body came tumbling down. I moved out of the way and grabbed river by the arm.

"You can get arrested for this shit"

"I'll hold and you deck" river told me before holding Jessica. "River, I'm not gonna hit her"

"She slept with your man. Who knows how long she's been planning this?! Who knows how long they've been messing around"

"Fuck this" I picked my fist up and decked her in the nose.

"Let get the fuck out of here" I grabbed river by the arm before pulling him out of this house. River went as far as to step on jakes body as we left.

"Katherine" I heard Mason yell. I threw river in the back of my car before walking over to Mason.

"Have you been crying?"

"Just a bit. Your brother is at the bottom of the stairs"

"What happened?" he wiped a remaining tear from my face.

"He cheated on me with his friend so naturally River hurt him a tiny bit"

"A tiny bit?"

"Yeah"

"We'll talk later, okay?"

"Okay"

He kissed my forehead. "Sorry my brother is such a jerk"

"It's okay" I smiled slightly before going back to my car and heading home. I texted my dad to help me carry river into the house. "Where's his car keys?" dad asked as I threw river onto my bed. I looked through his pockets and finally found his keys.

"Would you get his car by that house, please?"

"Sure, go talk to your mother"

"What's wrong with her?"

"Just go"

"Okay okay" I huffed before heading to my mom's room. "What's wrong?"

"What happened? Have you been crying? Was it jake? Was it River?" mom started firing questions at me as soon as she saw my face. Can't believe my dad snitched.

"Can we talk about it tomorrow, I'm exhausted"

"Fine, go to bed"

I went back to my room. I shoved river cause he was hogging the whole bed. I went over to my closet and threw on a pajama pants and an old t-shirt.

I grabbed what was the left of the blanket and went to sleep.

The Next Morning.

"Morning, mom" rio sighed as he walked into the kitchen and hugging my mom.

"Hungover?"

"Very" he groaned as he sat next to me. I put my head on his shoulder as I continued eating the fruit mom cut up for me.

"Your car is safe and sound outside okay?" dad came in and handed rio his keys.

"Thanks, pops"

"So what happened at this party?" dad asked as he took a seat.

"I threw Jake down a flight of stairs" river smiled.

"You what?" my parents asked shocked.

"Did you tell your mom?" rio turned to me.

"Obviously not". I sighed.

"Kat, what happened?"

"Jake cheated. I told river. River threw him down the stairs. I punched the chick he slept with and thats about it." I shrugged.

"You guys can get aressted for this shit"

"He wouldn't press charges, he knows better" I shrugged.

"Right, let's head to school"

"Okay" I grabbed a last piece of strawberry and headed out with riv.

"You good?"

"Yeah, can we stop at Starbucks?"

"Anything for you princess" river opened the door for me and I got in.
He jogged over to his side and got in. We drove to Starbucks and ordered four coffees since we know shay and Chandler are going to be pissed.

We arrived at campus. I grabbed my pair of shades and put it on. We got out and river immediately grabbed my hand and walked us to the dorms.
I didn't see Jake anywhere or his girlfriend. Guess they need another day to recover.

"There you two are!" Shay yelled as she jumped onto me making us both tumble to the ground. "Shay, get off" I groaned out.

"Fine, where's my coffee?"

"Here you go" river handed her a coffee.

"Im gonna see chan, message me when you need anything" Riv kissed my forehead before walking off.

"Why's he being so sweet? You dying or something?"

"No but I did get cheated on" I smiled as I took a sip of my coffee.

"You're lying" Shay gasped.

"Nope, caught him in the act"

"With that oatmeal bitch?" shay questioned before looking around trying to find them.

"Precisely but your brother threw him down a flight of stairs so he probably won't be here today"

"Good"

"How's our dorm room looking?"

"Clean and cute as ever. I added a bunch of cute pink shit"

"Of course you did" i chuckled as I put my arm around shay and we headed to our lesson.