Chapter 28

Katherine

I grabbed my things and I was about to head out the door when I heard a key jiggling so I ran up stairs and hid in masons room.

"Yo, mason you still here?" I heard jake yell. I peeked around the corner and saw him and cassie standing by the door.

"Who's car is that in the driveway?" cassie asked him.

"Shay, my ex's dusty friend"

I glared bullets at his meathead at the shay comment.
I took out my phone and put it on silent and started recording their conversation.

"Why is her car here then?"

"I have no idea, let's check the place and see if they here"

Shit shit shit

I ran into the bathroom and climbed into the tub and hid behind the curtains.  I feel like cassie from euphoria. Crazy

"Here's no one upstairs but there is two wine glasses and one with lip gloss on it" shit

"Must be the new girlfriend, I'm not sure why shay's car is here though"

I heard them walking out of his room and I got out of the tub and went back to my original place to spy on them.

"Fuck, what am I gonna do?" cassie sighed. I moved closer to the railing and so I can see them and continue recording.

"Don't stop just cause he has a dumb girlfriend" I rolled my eyes at jakes dumb advice.

"I forgot my case" Mason rushed in the door and I froze.

"What the fuck are you two doing here? Do I need to change the locks?" Mason glared at them. I turned my phone off and watched the whole thing unfold.

"Mason, can we talk?"

"Why is shay's car in the driveway?" Jake looked at him suspiciously.

"River dropped it off, my friend who fixes car was gonna come get it in a few hours. Why the fuck do you care?"
Damn he's a good liar, is that a good thing for me...

"Sure, brother" Jake pushed past him and left.

"Mason, I really need to talk to you"

"I think we covered all the bases"

"I don't think we have, I want this to work out"

"Im good"

"Where did you get those hickeys?" she frowned as she stepped closer to him. I clenched my jaw as I watch her grab his neck to see the hickeys properly.

"Get your fucking hands off me" he grabbed her wrist and shoved it away.

"Why did you change so much?"

"I have a girlfriend"

"I know who she is" my eyes widened and so did his. I quickly grabbed my phone and started recording.

"How could you possibly know that?"

"I actually have a brain unlike your brother so it was easy to put the pieces together"

"What pieces? My life is not some investigation"

"If you want me to keep your little breaking of the law secret, you're gonna do as I say"

"No the fuck I'm not cause I'm not breaking any rules"

"Oh yeah, should I tell her parents or maybe jake?"

"Go ahead, fuck face" noooooo mason, jake will ruin us.

"Fine, tell Katherine wherever she is in this house, her little career to be is over"

"Really? You think Katherine is my girlfriend" he chuckled.

"Yes, she took her friends car and drove to come see you. My friend saw you guys together at the skate rink" fuck

"What the fuck is your problem" he glared at her.

"I want a baby then you're free to go" this bitch is crazy

"Im not giving you a fucking kid"

"Fine, watch me destroy your girlfriend"

"Fine" he sighed.

"Fine what?"

"I won't give you the baby but we can date. I'll break up with kat" my jaw dropped at his words.

"You hear that Katherine?" She yelled.

"Get the fuck out" he opened the door and waited for her to leave.

"I'll will bring my things" she smiled and kissed his cheek before leaving. I ended my recording and stood up.

"Why would you do that?" the tears couldn't help but fall down my face as I stood at the top of the stairs.

"I don't want her ruining your life, I don't want to be with her but I can't risk this ruining anything"

"Cool" I wiped my tears away and walked down the stairs and out the door but Mason pulled me back and into his arms.

"I'll figure this out" he kissed my forehead as I sobbed.

"I need to leave" I removed myself from him and headed to my mom's. My vision was blurry as I drove. I wiped the tears away but only more seemed to surface. I eventually made it to my mom's house and saw rivers car in the driveway.

I got out and went inside. I heard voices in the kitchen. "What the hell happened to you?" Dad looked at me worried.

"He ended things" I sniffled before everyone came over and pulled me into a hug.

"What the fuck, why?" river looked at me confused.

"She's blackmailing him" I cried.

"What?" dad asked confused.

"Let's calm her down and she can explain properly" mom grabbed me and put me on the chair. She turned the kettle on and prepared me some tea. When It was done, I drank it and slowly calmed down.

"Speak, Katherine" dad looked at me sternly.

"I was seeing jakes brother for a while, everything was fine till his ex popped back up and wanted to get back with him. He said no but she persisted. She got in my head and made me think they were engaged. I went over to his place yesterday and he explained everything so everything picked up where we left it. I was getting ready to leave his house and come here then jake and cassie came in and I went and hid. They were talking about shay's car being there till mason showed up. She knew he was seeing me and blackmailed him saying she will tell my parents, jake and ruin my future career" my body shook as I stopped talking. Everyone looked shocked whilst my dad looked angry. Oh no