Chapter 38

Katherine

The guys took over the living room with their uno game and drinking. I went up to my room and took a hot shower.

"I need a cigarette, you have any left since you not allowed to smoke anymore?" shay walked into the bathroom.

"By my dresser is a few packs"

"Thanks" she walked back out and I went back to my shower. When I was done, I wrapped a towel around me and decided to pick out an outfit for my first day back.

"Shay!" I yelled as I struggled with my choices. I put on my pj's while I waited for shay to come.

"I was about to smoke" she whined as she came in.

"Help me, I'm pregnant"

"You're like two months, calm down" shd huffed as she helped me pick out an outfit.

"Thank you" she picked out an oversized shirt along with some cargo jeans and my uggs.

"I figured you wanna be cosy since you getting a little bump" she smiled.

"Thank you" I hugged her.

"Im gonna go smoke, we can join the guys after"

"Okay" I nodded and she left. I set my clothes by the bay window. I heard the door open and I turned to see a tipsy mason.

"What are you guys drinking?" I looked him amused.

"I think river spiked the beer" he face planted onto the bed making me chuckle.

"Did it taste like vodka or tequila?"

"A bit of both" he voice came out muffled making me turn him around to face me.

"Did you win?"

"Yeah, like a 100" he handed me the money and I sat it down on the night stand.

"You have work, go sleep this liqour off"

"I think I need your help" he tried to get up but fell of the bed.

"What was that thud?" shay ran in only to burst out laughing at the state of mason.

"Why would they leave river in charge of the drinks"

"How's Chandler looking?" I asked.

"He's fast asleep at the bottom of the stairs and river is playing uno with himself"

"Ridiculous, I'll put him to bed and check on river"

"Okay, I'll take care of Chandler" shay walked out and I sighed as I dragged mason to the bathroom.

"Mason, you really gonna let a pregnant lady carry your ass?"

"Mhmm" he grumbled. His dumb self must have fallen asleep. There's no way, he's gonna be able to go to work.

I carried him back into the bedroom since I had no energy or strength to get him to shower. I smacked him awake and forced him to get in the bed. I took off his pants, shirt and shoes. I covered him with the blankets and went to go check on river.

"Riv" I yelled.

"Yuuuuur" he yelled back but slurred.

I walked into the living room to see him playing with 2 imaginery people.

"Okay, pick up 2, you bitch" he slammed his card down making me shake my head at him.

"River, you okay?" I sat down next to him and made him turn to look at me. His eyes were red and it looked like he was crying.

"What happened?"

"I think I drank sad juice" he fell into my arms and I rubbed his back in comfort.

"The thoughts still there?"

"His sitting right there" I felt him sob into my chest.

"What?"

"In every dream, he's always sitting on the couch, staring at me, waiting"

"He's dead, Riv"

"No, he's right there" he moved away from me, pointing frantically at the couch.

"Shay!" I yelled.

"You need to calm down" I pulled him back into my arms.

"What happened?"

"The liqour didn't help him suppress his dreams"

"Well no shit" shay pulled him up and carried him to bed.

"I don't think they gonna be able to go to campus"

"Guess its gonna be just us"

"I'll see you tomorrow"

We went our separate ways. When I entered, the bedroom, mason was snoring loudly making me groan. I hate drunk people when I'm sober. I moved him onto his side so he doesn't snore as much. I got into bed and turned away from him and went to sleep.

The Next Morning

"You ready?" shay walked into my room as I just finished dressing. Mason and the guys are fast asleep and refuse to wake up, we've tried everything but they sleep heavy.

Shay and I got into her impala. We drove to campus which wasn't far from our house. She stopped and got us some food. I only ate the chips and gave her my burger.

"You need to eat, you have a baby in there"

"I'm just not feeling for a burger, I need some water"

"Let's go, get you one" she parked the car and we got out.

"How does it feel to be back?"

"Anti climatic" I shrugged. She grabbed my hand and we walked to cafeteria. She got my water and I headed to my first exam.
Unfortunately for me, jake will also be there.

"Great" I sighed as I saw him and Jessica.

I walked past them and went to my assigned seat. I took out of my things and patiently waited to get started. I feel someone staring at me so I turned to see jake and Jessica agrueing while glancing at me.  Awesome

"Hey, teacher fucker" some random guy yelled at me.

"Yeah? Atleast I don't fuck my own sister" I shot back making him glare at me. I miss Mason

The exam rolled by and I met up with shay in the cafeteria. "How did it go?"

"It was cool, some guy called me a teacher fucker"

"Fuck him" she handed me a pack of sweets.

"Thank you" I kissed her cheek.

"Can we talk?" Jake came up to my table making both, shay and I groan.

"Why?"

"I think a chat is the least I deserve after everything. I loved you, kat"

"Okay can you actually talk to him so I can study for my next exam?"

"Fine" I huffed as I followed jake outside.