Chapter 23

Mason

"What did you want to show me, Jake" I sighed as I walked in to see him waiting by the door.

"It's in the living room" he said overly excited. I looked at him confused but followed him to the living room to see Cassie?

"What the fuck did you do?" I turned to Jake with a glare.

"She wanted to work things out so I invited her to come live with us till she leaves for Paris again" he smiled while I remained stone faced.

"Hey" Cassie said.

"I'm leaving" I went up to my room and took a quick shower before heading to work. I walked down the stairs to see cassie waiting for me making me sigh.

"What do you want?"

"Do you not think we should have a conversation?"

"No, this conversation should've happened but you left after I proposed to you"

"I just didn't see myself getting married"

"Then what are you doing in my house and why are you in contact with my brother?"

"I want to work things out, I had a year to work things out. Jake was just kind enough to help me out"

"I'm seeing someone"

She looked at me surprised.

"For how long?"

"None of your business" I glared at her.

"Clearly not long then, how about you take a day off and we can properly talk about everything that happened?" she suggested.

"I have work" I tried to move past her but she blocked the way.

"Mason, don't make me beg"

"Why can't you take no? I did"

"That's not fair" she looked at me hurt which made me roll my eyes.

"I have students to teach so move the fuck out of my way"

"Let's go get coffee on your campus and I'll leave you alone?"

"I want you out of my house then you have a deal"

"Okay fine" she smiled.

"Ask jake to show you where the coffee shop is" I walked her out of the way and out of the house. I got in my car and blew out a breath. What the fuck is jake playing at.

I drove to campus and headed straight to my office when I heard my phone go off. I checked to see kat asking if I'm here already. I texted her back and continued to get my things in order for my first class.

"Hey professor" kat smiled as she walked in, wearing a mini skirt that stopped way to low for my liking and a huge hoodie.

"Hey, what are you wearing?" I raised my brows as I watched her walk closer to me.

"River helped me pick this out" she shrugged before sitting on the desk infront of me.

"What can I help you with?"

"A kiss?" she smiled.

"You know we can't do that, anyone could walk in"

"Don't be a bore" she huffed.

"Come here"

She got off the desk and walked over to me. I put my arm around her waist and pulled her towards me. I grabbed her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. "You happy now?"

"Very, see you later" she smiled before pecking my lips and heading out. I watched her walk out before shaking my head. I swear her outfits will make me lose my job.

"Why the fuck were you so rude to cassie?" Jake burst into my class making me huff in annoyance.

"Why would you shove her down my throat? How would you feel if I did that with your ex?" I glared at him.

"I would thank you, I've been trying to get back with kat" he shrugged making my jaw tense.

"River told me she has a boyfriend"

"He's clearly lying cause he knew you would tell me"

"How are we related" I rubbed my temples as I could feel a headache approaching.

"I ask myself that the same thing, are you going to talk to cassie or not? She waiting at the coffee shop"

"I'm going okay, leave me the fuck alone" I shoved him out of my class.

Let's just get this over with. I still had a few minutes left before my first lesson so I went to the coffee shop and saw cassie sitting waiting for me. Great.

"Speak" I said as I sat down.

"I just wanna say sorry for leaving after saying no to your proposal. I just didn't want to be married at that point of my life. We were both so busy with our careers so I just couldn't put myself in such a commitment" she reached over to hold my hand.

"You could've atleast told me you were leaving" I glared at her.

"I know and I will regret it for the rest of my life"

"River, why would you pay that man to kiss Chandler" I heard Kats voice and turned to see her already staring at me and cassie holding my hand. I removed my hand from cassie and saw kat leaving. Fuck.

"That one of your students?" cassie asked.

"She's my personal assistant, I need to get back to class. I want you out of my house before I get home"

"Are you seriously giving up on us?"

"You gave up on us, I'm just following suite" I walked out without a final look.

"Dude, what the fuck?" river came up to me.

"Where's she?"

"She went to her dorm, they going house hunting"

"Did she say anything about me?"

"Nope, just walked off and left me in the parking lot. Who is that broad?"

"My ex, jake brought her to live at my house"

"Your brother is a piece of work" he shook his head.

"Tell me about it"

"So what are you gonna do? Cause you looked like you were rekindling old flames back there?" River looked at me expectantly.

"Tell her to wait for me in the parking lot after classes"

"I'll try"

"Thanks" we went our separate ways. I hope kat doesn't think I'm with Cassie.