Chapter 24

Katherine

"Shay" I yelled as I ran into our dorm and collapsed onto the floor.

"What happened?" she rushed to my side and looked at me worried.

"He was with another woman" I whined as I hugged my legs to my chest.

"Who?"

"Mason, river and I saw him talking to a redhead and they were holding hands" I cried as shay wrapped her arms around me.

"Oh hunny, it's gonna be okay" she comforted me as I cried.

"You still wanna go house hunting to take your mind off it?"

"Can we get ice cream and tequila after?" I wiped my tears.

"Of course, love bug" she helped me up and handed me a tissue to wipe the mascara from my face.

"Let's go get our house" she grabbed my hand and we left.

Shat was singing along to songs while I scrolled through my photos of Mason. Why was he with that woman? Was he cheating on her with me? Oh gosh, I would hate to be the other woman.

"Get out of your head" shay grabbed my phone and shoved it in her pocket.

"Give me the phone back"

"No, our phones will be off so we can focus on finding the perfect house" she swatted my hand away.

We finally arrived at the first house not far from campus. We both got out and went in to take a look around. "Please tell me there's a pool and bar" shay ran to the backyard and I was following behind her. We came across a cute pool.
The house was gorgeous, pricey but gorgeous. It would be perfect for 4 people who still need their own space.

"Should we take it?" shay turned to me excited.

"Let's let the guys check the place out then we can decide?"

"Okay fine" she huffed.

We left the house and drove to buy the tequila and the ice cream.
We finally arrived at the mall and headed inside to buy our things.

I split from shay and headed over to the liqour aisle and browsed through the tequila section.

"Try this one" someones hand reached out and grabbed my favourite bottle of tequila. I looked to see who's hand it was and saw it was the redhead from the coffee shop.

"Thank you" I smiled and took the tequila and was about to walk when she stopped me.

"You're Mason's person assistant right?"

"Yeah, I'm Mr Greys assistant" I nodded.

"Are you in charge of his calender?"

"His work one, I manage but not his social calendar"

"Oh alright"

"May I ask who you are?"

"Oh, I'm his fiance" she smiled.

"Oh congrats" I smiled back.

"Thank you, enjoy your day" she walked out of the aisle. I felt the tear coming so I grabbed two more bottles and went looking for shay.

"You still crying?" shay looked at me concerned as I walked up to her.

"I saw her" the tears started streaming down my face.

"Oh gosh, put the bottles down" she grabbed the tequila and put it in the cart before pulling me into her arms.

"She's so pretty, why would he lie to me" I cried into her shoulder not caring if anyone sees us.

"He's a man, theres no rhyme or reason to their crazy" she rubbed my back.

"They're engaged, she told me just now"

"What?!" Shay yelled before shoving me off her and grabbing the cart.

"Shay" I whispered yelled as she speeded off to pay for our things. I catched up to her and tried my best to calm her down but it was not working at all.

"Last thing I need is my bestfriend going to jail"

"He fucked you!" she yelled making me groan and cover my face.

"Can we not yell that?" I begged.

"Fine, pay for our shit cause I'm in no mood to use my inside voice" she gave me her card and left.
I sighed, payed for our things and left.

We started driving back to the dorms. I put the liqour in my backpack while shay grabbed the weed from the backseat and handed it over to me. I put that in my bag as well.

We arrived at campus and went straight to our dorm to see river and Chandler watching our shows. Awesome.

"Woah, what happened?" Chandler and river jumped up and crowded around me.

"You guys got her?" shay asked.

"Yeah, what happened?" Chandler asked confused.

Shay ignored him and walked right back out. "Chandler, go stop her"

"What happened?" he pressed.

"Just stop her before she does something dumb" I pleaded before he sighed and ran out to stop her.

"Mama" river lifted my face to look him in the eyes. "What happened to you?"

"Mason" the tears started forming again but I batted them away.

"Pour me a few shots" I handed him my backpack and he obliged.

I downed two of the shots before telling river about the redhead who said she was engaged to mason.

"That's bullshit" he scoffed making me look at him confused.

"How?"

"I asked Mason what that was about in the coffee shop and he told me jake was the one that brought her to his house to reunite them or some shit. They are not engaged"

"Why would she lie?"

"She wants him back so of course she has reasoning to lie"

"My heads proper scrambled, I need my mom" i took another shot.

"You have us" he kissed my forehead.

"Thanks, riv" I laid my head on his shoulder as he played with my hair.

"Oh, mason told me you need to get him in the parking lot after classes"

"For what?"

"Probably to explain everything, I will get your work so you can take a nap after all that crying"

"I love you" I kissed his cheek and laid down on my bed. He wrapped the blankets around me and I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to consume me.