Chapter 46

Summoning a Daedric Prince turned out to be a lot easier than Lucy had expected- it was calming him down and bringing him back to himself afterward that was the tricky part. Unfortunately, summoning a Daedric Prince required the use of their Daedric name, and Benny didn't get along with his very well. So Kitty had prepared to bind him even before the summoning, expecting chaos and confusion.

"Benny!" she screamed to be heard over the thunder and pouring rain. "It's me! It's Kitty!"

"It's us!" Lucy added, daring to reach out and grab his face, forcing him to look at them as he fought against his magic bindings, cheerfully belting out some pretty hair-raising threats. He blinked at them, white eyes fading back to warm brown.

"What the fuck," he finally said, and Kitty let out a relieved giggle as she released him.

"Thank goodness that didn't take long," she said. Benny only responded by nudging them back toward the inn where they could get out of the rain. The main hall was completely unoccupied that late at night, a fact they took advantage of to have their discussion without being overheard. Benny waited patiently as the girls changed into dry clothes, and came back out to hang their wet things on chairs near the fire to dry faster.

"Now what was so important you two felt the need to brave a storm and summon me?"

"Remember what you said before, about confronting Mora?" Kitty asked. Benny stilled, blinking at her.

"I was right, wasn't I? Emmet's in trouble."

"We think so," Lucy agreed softly. "I thought he was just wearing himself out at first- we've been running around Skyrim trying to find Word Walls and kill dragons- but then Kitty told me what you said, and... We started taking longer breaks. They haven't been helping. We need to do something about it, but Kitty and I didn't think Mora would just let us in."

"You're right on that," Benny sighed. "And no doubt he already has an inkling of what we're planning. If we're going to have a shot at making this work, we're going to have to act fast. We might still be able to catch him by surprise."

"It's actually possible to surprise Hermaeus Mora?" Lucy gaped. Benny grinned.

"It is when I'm involved. Daedric Princes don't have futures set in the stars to be scried- the best he'll be able to do is see where a mortal's future is muddled and make a guess based on that. Usually a pretty good guess, but still only a guess. So he'll prepare for whatever we might throw at him. That's our window of opportunity- while he's still preparing, which is why we have to act fast."

"We should get a move on, then," Kitty said. "I hate to wake Emmet, though..."

"It doesn't seem like we have much choice," Lucy sighed. "I'll see if I can't get him moving."

Sirius  had never once believed such a drastic change of one's outlook on life  could happen in such a brief span of time, but for him, it had

Sirius had never once believed such a drastic change of one's outlook on life could happen in such a brief span of time, but for him, it had. Turned out all it took was for the people in his life, people that he had trusted, to do a complete 180 and try to kill him. Honestly, after everything he'd done to help the Thalmor cause, that was how they repaid him?