Chapter 82

It was oddly quiet when they arrived at the base of the mountain. There was not a single Forsworn to be found- had they finally been convinced to relocate? Upon entering the cavern, they found horses and carts. Shocked, and fearing the worst, they hurried up the path to the Temple. The sight that greeted them upon opening the doors was not at all what they were expecting.

The main hall was absolutely packed full of people celebrating. Music could barely be heard over the excited chatter and raucous singing. Drinks flowed freely, and food covered every available surface. "What in the world..." Alastar murmured.

"Sir! You're back!" Lucy called out, and cheering went up anew.

"What's going on?"

"Reinforcements!" she cried. "Callie's back!"

His jaw dropped. That would explain the carts in the cavern. "After so long..." He had to go find the young woman. It wasn't hard to spot her- she stood near Iron-Tail, speaking with her adoptive father. "Callie!"

She turned to give him a surprised look. "So you talk now?" she teased. He laughed.

"How in the world?" he asked, gesturing to the crowd around them.

"That's what took me so long," she explained. "I made it across the border just before the Thalmor shut it down. I found other Master Builders to join our cause pretty quickly, but I couldn't get back into Skyrim. We kept trying, but it was Rigel who finally got us passage."

"Rigel?"

"Pretty wealthy merchant from High Rock. Half blood. He's around here somewhere. We posed as his hired muscle." She grinned at him. "We just arrived this morning, ourselves."

"You have no idea how glad I am that you were able to make it back. After so long, we feared the worst."

Callie smirked at him. "And I see you brought some reinforcements of your own. An entire company of Legion soldiers, and General Callaghan himself."

"Hey, you know I aim high."

"I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that you two are brothers."

"Honestly? I think he's been having a hard time with that as well. Iron-Tail."

"Aye, sir?"

"Whenever you have the time and materials, would you mind forging me a new ebony greatsword? Mine has been sorely missed."

The Argonian chuckled. "Aye, sir, I'll be gettin' started on that in the morning. Since the arrival of our new friends, materials are a-plenty."

"Glad to hear it. I think I'll go find this 'Rigel' and thank him personally."

"You did it!"

"You did it!"

Emmet barely had time to brace himself before he was lifted off his feet by an enthusiastic Prince, and laughed. "Benny!"