Chapter 2: Date Night

The brothers leave the apartment and make their way down the road to their shop and home. After a while at the Plumber Shop the brothers get ready for their double date as they had no other jobs for the rest of the day. Mario's phone begins to ring, and he reads the caller ID "Pauline" it reads she's Mario's girlfriend. Mario taps the answer button and puts the phone to his ear.

Mario: Hey Pauline just the woman I was wanting to talk to! See Luigi needs help with a date, and he wanted me and you to be there with him. Yes, a double date. oh, you wanted to go out tonight anyway? Alright, see you soon.

Mario hangs up his phone.

Luigi: Well, what did she say?

Mario: She said she will join us.

Luigi: That's great. Wait, how are we going to get to the place?

Mario: Pauline said she'll bring her car. I texted her this morning about the van. Not to mention no girl wants to be seen coming out of a plumbers van. Well, that is unless she's a plumber.

Luigi: Good point Mario. Hildy just told me she's ready is Pauline almost here.

Mario: She lives a few blocks away Luigi, it'll take her some time.

After a couple of minutes, Pauline in a red dress pulls up in a red car and the driver side window rolls down.

Pauline: Mario, Luigi hop in.

Mario and Luigi hop in the car, and they pull up to the apartment building where Luigi leaves to go pick up Hildy. Luigi walks up the stairs, knocks on the door and Hildy opens the door wearing a yellow sun dress with her hair in a ponytail.

Luigi: Hey Hildy.

Hildy: Luigi thanks for picking me up.

Luigi: It wasn't easy but hey I manage to get a ride for us.

Luigi and Hildy walk down to the car. Luigi opens the car door and Hildy gets in, Luigi then goes around and gets in.

Hildy: So, I'm guessing this is Mario's car?

Mario: No, it's Paulines car.

Pauline: Yeah, Mario said he's having trouble with the van.

Hildy: Oh yeah, he mentioned that earlier.

They pull up to an Italian restaurant and go to their table. After eating spaghetti and pizza for a while Pauline notices the blue gem pendant Hildy has on.

Pauline: Hildy, how did you afford such a beautiful pendant? Especially on a college budget.

Hildy: Oh this? It was my mothers or at least that's what I was told. It's the only thing I have from before I was found.

Pauline: Found?

Luigi: Oh yeah Pauline I should have mentioned this, but Hildy's parents abandoned her.

Pauline: I'm sorry I didn't know.

Hildy: it's fine.

Mario: So, after this we're heading home, we'll most likely have work.

Pauline: That's fine, just don't go missing on me.

Mario and Pauline laugh off Paulines comment together. Mario looks down at his phone seeing that the time is 9:29 and Mario pulls out his checkbook.

Mario: It's late, we should probably leave soon. I'm going to leave a check for $70. I'm sure that'll cover all of our food.

The Mario brothers, Hildy and Pauline leave their table after Mario places the check in the bill book. They drive to Hildy's apartment and Luigi walks her upstairs.

Hildy: Thanks for the date, Luigi. I apologize for being awkward.

Luigi: No need to be sorry Hildy.

Hildy: Thanks Luigi I'm glad you understand I hope your brother and his girlfriend understand that I'm not usually that awkward.

Luigi and Hildy hug and he leaves her apartment going back downstairs and into Paulines car. Pauline drives the brothers to their home, dropping them off and the three leave the car.

Pauline: Can't I come in just for a little bit Mario?

Mario: Pauline you know I like to go to bed early on weekdays so I can get my jobs.

Luigi: Mario come on the more you talk the less you sleep.

Mario and Pauline hug and kiss and the two lovers part ways. The brothers enter their home and Pauline goes into her car.