Chapter 4: The Kidnapping

At Hildy's apartment she hears a noise from her porch, grabs a bat that she keeps by her bed and walks into the living room.

Hildy: I Should be silent. I don't want to be caught.

Hildy walks as quietly as possible when the large intruder spots her. Hildy swings the bat at the being until three smaller intruders walk in and try to tie her up when she bashes them with the bat. The large one grabs her and leaps down onto the streets and down into the sewers.

In the morning, Luigi wakes up and gets ready for work running into Mario as he walks down the stairs.

Mario: Morning Luigi, do you mind checking the answer machine for work messages?

Luigi: Ok Mario. Can I eat something first?

Mario: You don't have to ask me.

Luigi yawns before grabbing and pouring himself a bowl of cereal. After Luigi eats, he walks over to the answering machine and pushes a button to listen for messages.

Audio tone: You've reached Mario Bros Plumbing and Pest Control leave a message.

Hildy: Mario, Luigi help someone has broken into my home. I know I should've called the cops, but you guys are closer to me.

An evil laugh is heard and Hildy screams. Luigi hangs up the phone.

Luigi: MARIO!

Mario runs over to Luigi who is panicking.

Mario: What is it, Luigi? Calm down, you sound like something horrible happened.

Luigi: Mario, Hildy has been kidnapped.

Mario: Luigi there's nothing you can do other than call the cops.

Luigi: Mario I might sound crazy but last night I had a dream about being visited by a star child.

Mario: Do you mean like from 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Luigi: No, like a child shaped like a star that said we are heroes, and we have to save a kidnapped princess.

Mario: Luigi, that's not going to happen.

Luigi: Mario you don't understand.

Mario: Luigi, listen. We are not heroes. There's no star child and there is no kidnapped princess!

Mario and Luigi continue their argument into the garage when a giant green pipe juts out of the ground, almost hitting the van violently, breaking up the brothers argument.

Luigi: What is that thing?

Mario: Looks like a pipe of some kind. Too big to be a city pipe looks wide enough for someone to fit down...

Luigi hops down the pipe and a sound of magic stirring is heard by Mario who then peers his head down in the pipe where he feels the force of something, magic maybe? Next thing he knows he's surrounded by magical energy, and he grabs Luigi when he reaches him.

Mario: Luigi! Are you crazy?

Luigi: Mario I... I'm sorry.

Mario: It's going to be ok.

The brothers reach the exit pipe and are flown out with the same magic stirring sound landing on their backs in a grassy meadow.