ʚ chapter eight ɞ

a/n: i hope you guys enjoy it!!

ʚ . ₊ ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ɞ

**third person pov**

After being mic'd and told by the recording staff that it was time to knock on their door, Brooklyn took a deep breath and knocked three times on the white door.

She glanced back at the camera when all she heard was yelling and screaming, "Uh- should I knock again?" Brooklyn was now looking behind the camera at the film crew.

When they nodded, the young woman knocked again but this time just a little bit harder and smiled when she heard their member Baekhyun yell her name, "Brooklyn-ah!".

Brooklyn's face dropped in embarrassment before leaning closer towards the door again, "Yes! Should I come in?" she questioned loudly while drawing the attention of the people around her.

When a chorus of "No!" and "We'll come out!", the idol just stood off to the side and waited for them to come out on their own time.

Just in the few seconds that Brooklyn was waiting all she could think about was "How could Eunchae do this all the time". Her thoughts were interrupted when three members started walking out of the dressing room.

"Ah, hello!" Brooklyn greeted and bowed to each member that came out. They each came over towards her and patted her on the shoulder, "Bei-ah! It's nice to see you after such a long time!" Baekhyun sunbaenim yelled out.

Nodding her head, "It has been a while hasn't it sunbae's?" Brooklyn spoke with a kind smile.

Chanyeol glanced between her and his other members before gesturing towards the MC, "Brooklyn-ah how old were you when we first met you?" he questioned.

The MC let out a light laugh before turning her head towards them, "I was sixteen I believe. Monster was the track you were promoting I think at the time." she explained to give further context of the time period.

When the young woman mentioned the title track they visibly cringed, "Oh my-! That was so long ago!" Baekhyun yelled throughout the hallway.

ʚ . ₊ ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ɞ

** time skip **

The interview had been going on for a little bit, and Brooklyn was slowly loosening up and not being so clearly nervous around the iconic group members.

Occasionally she would sneak in a joke about the older men, but she quickly moved on from it in embarrassment. After they all answered her last question about what their favorite moments have been over their over ten year career, Baekhyun turned towards her, "What is your most memorable moment in your career so far? You've been around almost as long as us right?" he asked with a light tone.

Brooklyn dropped her head in thought for a few seconds before looking up an almost sad smile, "Uhm, it was a virtual concert during the pandemic that we and a lot of other artists performed in." they nodded their heads. "It was something special that we did for our fans because we hadn't performed for a bit beforehand. A few days before we ended it became clear to us that the concert would be our last performance." she spoke while slowly nodding her head.

Chanyeol straightened his posture, "So looking back on it now, you remembered a small performance with way more emotion than you initially did." he said to finish off their close friend's thoughts.

It was always obvious that speaking about GFRIEND was hard for the young woman. Her members helped raise her and guide her through the tough world of being an idol.

The oldest idol in the room leaned forward and caught sight of one of her tattoos that wasn't hidden very well under one of her shirt straps. It was a set of two dates.

"How long has it been since you and your new members debuted?" The man asked with a curious head tilt.

"Just over a little over a year! Last May to be exact!" Brooklyn announced.

The male idols were shocked, "Wow! It feels like such a long time ago!" Baekhyun announced.

"You guys have done so much in such a short amount of time. You've been really busy." Xiumin noted.

The staff and everybody in the room laughed at the young woman's dejected face. Her head popped up at the laughter, "Yah! Why are you laughing at me!" she exclaimed with a playful tone.

She shot her head towards the EXO members with a slight smirk, "Do you guys have any tips or advice on how to make it as old as you guys are in the industry?" her question jabbing at their age.

They all let out a chuckle before Baekhyun sighed, "From what I've seen all of you like to perform. You'll last long if you keep being that way and acting in a professional mindset." he spoke.

Chanyeol rubbed his upper arm and looked towards the MC, "It's good to be close to each other. You already know this, but you tend to work with your members more than your own friends." he advised her.

ʚ . ₊ ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ɞ

** time skip **

The cameras were still rolling but it was just recording them practicing the choreo for the dance challenge. It was clear that they all had met and hung out plenty of times due to the jokes that were being thrown around.

Brooklyn laughed as she tripped over in her high heel, "Oh my-" the EXO members rushed over to catch her so that she wouldn't get hurt.

Baekhyun helped stabilize her before giving her a scolding look, "Brooklyn-ah you need to be more careful you can't sprain your ankle again!" he slightly yelled. It sounded playful but the girl knew that he was completely serious.

Over the years that they had known each other, everyone but especially Baekhyun, had noticed that her ankles were very easily injured.

After a childhood in gymnastics at a competition level left her with very injured and scarred joints. Not a lot of people knew that but once they did they couldn't help but be worried about her profession.

Xiumin cleared his throat, "Maybe we should get Kyungsoo down here. He would do the challenge for her in a heartbeat." he mentioned with a slight joking tone.

The rest of the idols laughed knowing that the mentioned member was very much not into doing dance challenges.

Brooklyn scoffed, "Please, I would have to come and see him for a month straight for him to do a dance challenge with me." her voice echoed out.

Chanyeol, before he could even think about the implications of what he was saying before he looked towards her, "I heard you were at the company the other day, why didn't you come and say hello?" he questioned the MC.

Her body froze. The one thing that she was hoping to not happen had happened. She quickly smiled, "Ah well I was there to visit Wendy noona! She wanted to give me something that she got me on one of her trips." she spoke while giving them a pleading look with her eyes hidden from the camera.

Xiumin was quick to move the conversation along, "I see! I didn't know that they were at the building that day. We should continue filming the dance challenge!" he guided his members back towards the center of the area they were filming in.

A sense of relief washed over Brooklyn's entire body as they finally moved past the topic of her being in the SM building.

ʚ . ₊ ༝ ・ ˖ ₊ ɞ

a/n: a little interaction with the exo members :))