ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Before Link awoke in Breath Of The Wild

Sarisona P.O.V

It was dark out and the whole world seemed to hold its breath as the young soon to be Gerudo mother watched her husband creep out of their makeshift hut. He thought he could escape unnoticed. But he was running away from the Gerudo captain of the guard. Nothing got past her. 

She wouldn't try to stop him. Why should she? If he wasn't even going to stick around for the birth of his vehvi why should she let her innocent, unborn child be raised by that kind of father. 

This vehvi is her whole world. This child has made this world seem bigger than just Sarisona and the Gerudo. She wasn't going to let that insolent fool ruin her precious vehvi's life. 

And she hated the small part of her that still desired the kind and curious voe she met at the stable all those years ago. The voe she fell in love with and trusted to be the father of her beloved child.

She hated that every part of her wanted to beleive that the voe she met was not the same one that was fleeing into the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every part of her was filled with pride as Aahlga carefully placed her precious child into her loving arms. She was beautiful. Skin, as soft and smooth as the finest silk. Cheeks, the sharp red of a red bokoblin's skin. Hair, the pinkish red of a freshly picked wildberry. And her eyes... the same deep, purplish blue as her traitorous father. Looking into her eyes hurt, but she could never let her daughter know that. 

Her vehvi was the greatest gift the world could have given her, and she would never let the memory of her husband change the way she saw her extraordinary vehvi.

But she still felt a cold chill run through her every time she looked at her vehvi's bright eyes. And for that, she hated herself.

"Vasaaq my precious little one," she whispered and held her daughter tighter "Ariana."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 years later Sarisona tossed and turned in her bed. Having visions of her vehvi as a sixteen year old warrior, a woman to Gerudo standards. The visions cut to a sudden pain and the image of a Yiga Clan soldier driving a sword through her heart. She awoke with a start and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. Sarisona knew better than to just assume that they were just dreams. She knew, that these were visions.