𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

5 Months After 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖, 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕒, 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕀𝕥 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕖𝕕 ~ ➋➌

Ariana P.O.V

Was it 5 months?

Was it 9?

Was 5 weeks?

Was it 5 days?

Who knew?

Ariana certainly didn't.

She could barely process what was happening, she could only make sense of it as each little step.

Wake up.

Eat.

Walk.

Read.

Train.

Draw.

Eat.

Hold Keife until she could be sure he was real.

Sleep (yes, with Keife).

Repeat.

They had used the ocarina to see the memories Sarisona and Furosa had left behind, they had both hurt and felt great. 

She knew the others were worried about her, she could hear them whispering, and it bothered her that they were speaking of her as if she was a little girl.

Luckily, things were becoming clearer now, ever since she had stopped wearing the secret stone. 

Things were sometimes still a bit fuzzy, and she sometimes zoned out for a few minutes, but they let her be when she did, which was exactly what she needed. A few moments of solitude to process it all. 

Night time was now her favourite time of the day, because it was the time where all the noise and overwhelming lights went away, and it was just her and Keife. Together.

Always and forever.

He always asked the same question every night. 

Do you promise you'll always love me?

And it was always the same answer.

Always and forever. I promise.

Then he would smile and hold her tighter.

And then he would kiss her until they were both out of breath and they would fall asleep as a tangle of limbs and lips.

Recently, they had been taking it a little further, one step at a time.

And he would be there for her when she was ready to take it all the way.

She would try to be ready for him, because she really did love him.

Now, she was sitting on her bed in the makeshift Gerudo encampment, the rebuilding of Gerudo town was going at lightning speed now that Pamella had harnessed her ability of creation. 

The tear shaped secret stone glistening smugly in her palm, practically saying 'look how shiny and powerful I am, Gerudo'.

She knew it wasn't for her. She didn't need it any more. It had served it's purpose. Ariana had found other music sheets underneath the ones with the memories on them, marked 'Mardi', whoever that was. She now understood that this 'Mardi' person clearly needed this stone way more than she did. 

So, with the notes sitting in front of her and the secret stone firmly clasped in her fist, she blew into the ocarina, and played. 

There was a sound that sounded like a clock ticking and then a sensation of all the blood rushing to her head and suddenly she was somewhere very different than the Gerudo encampment. There was a girl with bright teal eyes that gazed at her in wonder and astonishment, and bright red hair, cut short in a pixie cut, and when she spoke her voice was familiar...it was similar to Ariana's own voice.

But it was not her voice that shocked Ariana most, it was the word she said. One single word that made her heart briefly stop.

"Great-grandmother?"