𝕆𝕝𝕕 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕, ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝔼𝕪𝕖𝕤 ~ ④

(Picture portrays Keife who you will find out about soon!)

After Tears Of The Kingdom

Ariana P.O.V

It was strange.

As far as she knew, she had been alive all her life.

As far as she knew, she had been awake all her life.

As far as she knew, she has had her eyes open all her life.

As far as she knew, she had lived in Hyrule all her life.

So why did it feel like she had just been born.

Why did it feel like she has just woken up.

Why did it feel like she has opened her eyes for the first time.

Why did it feel like she was in a completely new world.

That may be a bit of an exaggeration for a simple stable. Especially compared to the majestic architecture of the legendary Gerudo Town. But in Ariana's defence, she had never left the Gerudo Desert before, or even interacted  with voe other than the saviour, Link, but Shorty was different. And the only other Hylian she'd ever met was the one with the purple hair that lived in Gerudo Town.

What if she messed up her first impression?!?

Maybe I should've took Ashai's voe lessons...

Her thoughts were cut short as her body collided with with someone else's.

"HEY WATCH WHERE YOU'RE-," she started but was cut short when she saw their face. He was a voe. And he was very handsome.

A/N: idk I'm not very romantic so don't kill meeeeeee pls *considers going into hiding*

... maybe my story will be better off with me knowing nothing about romance cuz neither does Ariana ehe

And when his deep black eyes locked onto her's, time stopped. Every sound apart from her heart thumping wildly in her chest vanished in an instant. All she wanted to do was jump into the arms of this stranger and forget everything about reality. All she wanted was for him to tell her everything was okay. Because maybe, just maybe, with him by her side... it would be.

Just as suddenly as it had happened, the world came crashing back down on her. 

It had felt like like she had been looking into his eyes for hours but that it was still not nearly long enough.

"I- I'm sorry um I, uh wasn't watching where I was going," the Hylian stuttered "u- um my name is Keife."

(Pronunciation: Keef)

"Ariana," she replied, dusting herself off "and don't worry about it, I wasn't watching either."

"You look like you just turned 16, do you want me to give you the premium tour around Hyrule?" Keife offered, with a wide, toothy, grin.

"You'd seriously tour me around Hyrule? Why?" She asked incredulously "I literally just met you!"

"Because, I've been saving up to travel Hyrule my whole life, all I need is someone to protect me," he said, pointing at her swords "and you look like the right person to ask."

She raised an eyebrow "you can't be serious, we just met and you're already asking me to travel Hyrule with you?"

"Hey," he said, putting his hands up in defence "I like to do things fast and first so that I don't hesitate, hesitate, hesitate, and then suddenly it's too late."

"Fair enough," Ariana said with a shrug "sure"

"What?" He said, his deep, coal black eyes widening.

"Sure, okay, I'll travel with you, just promise you'll stop being so annoyingly logical and illogical at the same time," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Deal!" Keife said with a grin. 

She hated the way her heart did backflips when she saw his smile.

This was exactly what happened to mother.