𝕋𝕨𝕠 𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 ~ ②

Before Link awoke in Breath Of The Wild

Ariana P.O.V

Ariana did not know where she was going. All she knew was that her legs were moving. Running far away from Gerudo Town and the Yiga clan.

She didn't notice that she was running down stone steps toward the beach that rests on the outskirts of the Gerudo Desert. She only noticed where she was when she sank to her knees just before the shore, letting sand run between her fingers.

A howl of sorrow left her mouth, echoing off the cliffs, but she barely heard it. There was a wild screech from beside her and it took her a moment to realise that it hadn't come from her.

Sitting beside her was a beautiful red bird with long tail feathers. The feathers on its wings and tail were tipped with a bright blue that gleamed purple in the light. It's sharp eyes were a bright green that looked deep into Ariana's dark blue ones. And from the look in it's gorgeous eyes, it knew grief.

"You understand, don't you?" Ariana whispered to the bird as she held out her arm. The bird scampered on, without hesitation, careful not to claw her with it's sharp talons. She moved her arm so that their heads were aligned and it rested it's soft head on her's.

At the same moment a single tear fell from both of their eyes, sliding down their faces in unison, and colliding the moment they slipped of their cheeks, landing on the ground with a sort of energy. 

Suddenly the voices of three voe echoed around the cliff.

"Keep it down! Or you're gonna scare away all of the prey!"

"Says you! The way you're shouting, I bet all the animals within a thousand kilometres has heard you!"

A/N:yes I am Australian so I do use the metric system soz to all those Americans

"Hunters," Ariana murmured, worry twisting her stomach.

"You need to go," she whispered, looking back at the bird "now."

The bird took off immediately, soaring higher, and higher in the sky until all of a sudden an arrow shot straight into the air, hitting the bird in the wing.

NO Ariana screamed internally. She shot after the bird as it plummeted to the ground, searching frantically for it's body and letting out a sigh of relief when she found it. It was breathing. Alive. Unconscious, but alive.

As quick as possible she grabbed the bird and sprinted up the stone steps, bolting across the desert and back home, to Gerudo Town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carefully, she pulled out the arrow, and winced as more blood came spilling out. Her top was already covered in blood, from carrying the bird all the way here. She would need to change before Vaba came to check on her.  

She wrapped a sturdy bandage around it's wing. The bird's eyelid's fluttered, it's green gaze searching it's surroundings, before finally resting on Ariana. Carefully and unsteadily it stood up, it's steady gaze still planted on Ariana. 

"So, do you have a name, pretty vure?" Ariana cooed, stroking it's soft cheek. The bird walked over to Ariana's ink and paper, dipping one talon in the ink and, miraculously, writing a word that Ariana presumed was her name:

 The bird walked over to Ariana's ink and paper, dipping one talon in the ink and, miraculously, writing a word that Ariana presumed was her name:

Sia.

A/N:Canon Gerudo Alphabet