𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕦𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕥 ~ ①④

The Image Above Is Ariana From This Chapter (Just Imagine Her Eyes Are The Same Blue As Her Clothes)

1 Day After 𝕎𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝔾𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝔼𝕪𝕖𝕤 ~ ➊➌

Keife P.O.V

Keife never thought he would ever set foot in Hyrule Castle, let alone be a guest in its rooms, and especially not a member of the Peace Summit.

It was crazy to think that a day ago he was sitting around a campfire, chatting with Pamella and Essa. Now... He would never even see Essa again. Pamella hadn't been the same since her mother's death, and, of course, Ariana blamed herself for not being there to save her. Though the way she clenched and unclenched her fists when she got sad was cute, he hated seeing it. He would much rather see that cute thing where she looks at her hands to cover her blush when she's embarrassed.

Now they were at a peace summit because the second in command was obligated to come and, after what happened to Buliara, Ariana was now Captain Of The Guard. She had chosen two people to accompany her, which had been Keife and Pamella. 

He had been imagining what it would be like to actually be in the castle for the past 6 hours, but even as he walked through the grand doors, it felt so surreal.

Ariana seemed uncomfortable, she had only ever lived in the desert, and was clearly not used to wearing so many clothes, especially not one adorned in white fur.

Though it had seemed cool at first, it had gotten boring very fast. Princess Zelda was apparently unwell so there was a snooty Hylian official named Solanna speaking in her favour.

"It seems it is time we address the matter that seems to be distracting some of us" she said her searing gaze flicking over Pamella, Keife and Ariana "The Gerudo."

Keife suddenly snapped to attention, Ariana straightened up and Pamella woke up from her doze.

Solanna smirked at them, which was the closest to a smile, or any sign of emotion, she'd shown this whole time, other than the smug smile she used when she said she was taking over for the princess.

But her expression hardened quickly. "We need to get rid of the Gerudo."

Uproar erupted from every person on the table, especially Ariana. That girl may be cute, but she sure has a terrifying temper. He sure hoped he never got in a fight with her.

Solanna held up a hand and the table miraculously fell silent instantly, though Ariana's fists were still clenched tightly on her lap. He slid his hand over her's and he felt her grip release slightly, and a light blush painted her cheeks, making him smile. Pamella saw and gave Keife an encouraging grin. Good that she's getting over her mother's death.

"The Gerudo are nothing but an inconvenience to Hyrule, need I remind you that the Demon King was once king of the Gerudo." The way Solanna emphasised Gerudo made Keife scowl, "Now look where he has landed us, 100 years of suffrage, and near annihilation every 1,000 years for 13,000 years. We need to get rid of the source before the threat multiplies."

Ariana stood, her sharp, dark blue gaze burning into Solanna "an entire race is not to blame for the actions of one person, now, remind me how many Hylian mages have assisted Ganondorf throughout the ages." Solanna didn't interrupt, whether she had nothing to object with because it was true, or if she was too distracted by the fact that her and Ariana were having the word's most heated staring contest. "But here I am with a Hylian voe sitting beside me who I can proudly say is my friend, though I have a million reasons to hate him."

She looked Keife in the eyes, and he felt the electricity surge between them, Pamella smirked and mouthed, 'I ship it'. "There is a million things both voe and Hylians have done wrong to the Gerudo, and my family." She looked back at Solanna, her gaze hardening.