𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝔸𝕣𝕖 ℝ𝕚𝕕𝕚𝕔𝕦𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕤 ~ ➎

A/N: have you guys ever been writing on wattpad and then you leave to do something and it doesn't save so you needa start again?

Well that has happened with this chapter twice already.

Pray for meeeeeee.

Who knows if the thing I'm writing here will save...

After Tears Of The Kingdom

Ariana P.O.V

The sky was still streaked with pink, orange and gold when they set off. Keife was not happy about waking up at sunrise but if they were going to travel together without driving each other nuts, they could start with agreeing on a wake up time.

"You don't talk much," Keife noted, making Ariana jump.

That remark startled a laugh out of Ariana.

She had been described as many things before in her life, but never quiet.

"That's like saying there isn't any sand in the Gerudo Desert!" Ariana said, stifling giggles.

Keife wrinkled his nose at her, "then why aren't you talking now?"

That, she didn't know. She looked down at her hands, grasping the reigns tightly. She could've sworn she wasn't holding on that tight before.

What was wrong with her?

There was a familiar screech from above, and Ariana was eternally grateful for an excuse to not answer Keife's question.

Flying overhead, was Sia, cherry red and deep purplish blue wings spread wide as she soared toward Ariana.

Ariana held out a welcoming arm that Sia landed on with a swift movement.

"Sav'otta my pretty little vure," Ariana cooed softly, rubbing Sia's feathered cheek.

"So'aten!" Keife exclaimed, making Ariana laugh so hard she nearly fell off her horse.

"What?" Keife asked, frowning at her "what did I do?"

"It's sa'oten, bokoblin brain!" Ariana said between giggles.

"Well, excuse me for trying!" He said making a silly little 'humph' sound that made Ariana laugh harder.

His face changed to a toothy grin at the sight of her laughter "I knew I could get through to you!"

She blushed and looked at her hands again, praying that he didn't see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, they lay side by side beside a campfire looking at the stars. He was showing her all of the Hylian constellations and she was telling him what they are in Gerudo.

"That one is the 'Bird In Flight'" Keife whispered pointing up at a clutter of stars "it's my favourite constellation."

"The Gerudo call it 'The Winged Vure'" she hesitated before adding "and it's my favourite too."

They were silent for the next few minutes, and when Ariana finally braved a look over at Keife, he was smiling wistfully up at the sky with a far way expression.

"Do you think we were meant to find each other?" Keife asked, out of the blue "like, could it have something to do with our favourite constellation?"

"You are ridiculous," Ariana whispered, rolling her eyes before turning over to lay on her side.

Sometime later she drifted off to sleep, even though her mind was reeling about the warmth in her cheeks when Keife made her laugh.

No one had ever made her feel like Keife did.

And was this a sign that would spark their relationship into a lifelong friendship?

Or a pathway to meeting Sarisona's fate.