Chapter 7: Fans, Simps, and Child-proofing

Three months later, NO POV?

"Sooo, can I get released now?"Killer asks

"NO!"A group snaps

"Awww, why nooot? You know me!"He whines

"Cuz you're unpredictable. Now into the interrogation room."One says

"Oooh, so you're done clearing out all the pizza?"He says

The group groans as he chuckles, cuffing his hands to the table and ankles to the floor. 

Now, you might be wondering how he got here. Or maybe since you know Killer, not at all. Well, don't worry, he isn't in danger. He just walked in on the fan club doing stuff he wasn't supposed to see and now they're covering their bases. They trust Killer, just not his reputation.

"Stick out your hand please."Kyle says

Killer sighs, doing as told. Kyle links their pinkies together in a surprisingly tight grip.

"Do you solemnly swear upon your soul that you pinkie promise not to share any information that you are told or witness here? Or else face the dire consequences?"He asks Killer.

"Yes."Killer says, rolling his invisible eyes.

They really don't risk anything for Error...Some fans...

"Good. Release him."Kyle says

"What were you even doing that I walked in on?"He asks as he rubs his wrists and kicks his ankles upon being freed.

"You caught us maintaining the gateway code for Error's safe area."Kyle says

"So you're the ones in charge of the riddles?"He asks

"And monitoring the traps as well as the maze. Probe can't watch everything at once after all."Kyle says, leading him to a room full of fans at desks and code screens.

"You've really planned this out, huh?"He says, amazed at the dedicated workforce.

"It's pretty easy when this was a police department with room layouts fitting for our operation and Probe supplying the resources. So, what brings you here?"Kyle asks 

"Well, Nightmare and I was fighting Shattered and Shard. Shattered helped Shard get away and let's just say that he struck too many of Nightmare's nerves and he lost his shit. I was sent away so I didn't get slapped by either of their tentacles and I saw that we passed this place so I wanted to make sure that the club wasn't affected."He says

"How did you get in?"Kyle asks

"The front door was open."He says

"WHO LEFT THE DOOR OPEN?"Kyle snaps

A voice shouts in the back of the room with an apology, making Kyle facepalm.

"Well, Shard is in the maze again. Specifically fell into the Voice Trap again."Kyle says

"How do they even get out of these traps?"He asks curiously

"Well we monitor them closely and once the intruders get trapped, the wait begins until they are knocked unconscious or driven nuts where they pass out. Then we take samples from them and release them again. It's small samples and trackers planted into them and with these samples, we make a team dedicated to decoding them and finding weaknesses. It grows easier since many of the intruders get trapped again so we get to take more samples."Kyle responds

Huh...So having a group like these fans is a very powerful aid to resolve a problem...So dedicated...

Suddenly an idea sparks in his head and he grins, teleporting away. Kyle shrugs it off, returning to leading the group. Good timing to because some of the monitors start beeping.

Moments later in OuterTale, a loud rumbling is heard in the distance, and the residents are just relieved that the source isn't near them. Outer is going for a walk along the edge of their residing area to make sure that it isn't coming closer. He's wondering what decided to take place in their AU this time since it is obviously something intruding into their AU and unnatural to their AU's patterns. He gazes ahead at where the noises are coming from, recognizing the sounds of an intense battle. Then he sees Killer running towards the noise with a long line of strangers following behind him. 

"KILLER! WHAT THE HELL?!"He snaps

Killer glances over to him and waves with a big grin before taking off out of his sight with the group following behind him.

He shakes his head, not even questioning why Killer is going into the chaos. He is concerned for him though, watching the group run towards the noise as if witnessing two storms colliding.

Killer arrives at a ledge above the fight between Nightmare and Shattered, pausing in his place as the group gathers around him. He watches for a few minutes, seeing that Shattered is still focused on Nightmare and very cocky with his movements as well. His taunts and threats with a sinister grin say as much while Nightmare continues to grow more aggravated by the minute. He smiles and with a point of his finger, the forming crowd leaps down to fight Shattered, shocking him in an ambush. Numerous attacks fire at once from multiple angles at Shattered, leaving him no way out in addition to Nightmare's tentacles slapping him in the face. 

Nightmare recoils back, then looks around in shock.

"Hey Mom!"Killer says, hopping down beside him.

"Killer....Do I even want to know who these people are and why you defied my order to leave?"He asks

"I obeyed your order yet you forgot to be specific in your rage. You said nothing about returning. I went to the fanbase since we passed them but then got an idea. I found this group at a convention and they were very willing to help chase Shattered away from you. For free too. Well, aside from some pictures."Killer explains as Shattered flees from the ambush without a chance to plan.

"Killer. WHO. ARE. THEY?"Nightmare asks, concerned about the strangers that he dragged into this.

"Your simps."He chuckles as the group now take a few(dozen) pictures of Nightmare

Nightmare raises a hand to shield his eye from the flash of their phones, having mixed feelings about this. He wanted to groan in annoyance at Killer but was also grateful for the help. The group quickly went away after getting their desired pictures anyway, not wanting to risk angering Nightmare.

"Now that's done, we should probably head home."Killer says

"Why?"Nightmare asks

"It's only four months until Radier joins us so we have to childproof the home."He says

Nightmare chuckles.

"I couldn't YOU-proof it in the years that you've lived there, what makes you think I can start now?"Nightmare asks

"It's the effort that counts! It's better than not preparing at a-HEY!"He snaps

Nightmare laughs, opening a portal home where they begin their attempts to childproof the castle. They both smile, making it fun while not knowing the alarms going off back at the fan club HQ. Or that they had been watched by someone with very bad intentions.

TBC